Chapter 8

"Hotel?" asked Nolam surprised, his eyebrows furrowed. "You're not going to a hotel, you're staying here Cly."

"No, I have already booked a room. Don't bother. It's fine."

"It's not. You're staying here. There's no discussion." Said Janice.

Damn! That petite woman knew how to handle a bull. Thought Clytia.

This is how she found herself sharing a bed with Nolam in his childhood room. He didn't try anything. She was sleeping on a side, while he was on the other side. She had little sleep and had been staring at the ceiling for the last three hours. She checked on her phone, it was 4.30 am. She better get up and see if she could find something to eat. She rolled on the side with the intent to get up, only to be stop by Nolam's arm snaking around her waist. She tried to push him. But he only drew her closer, tightening the embrace. He had his nose in her neck and he inhaled. She felt like a teddy bear.

"Nolam"

"..."

"Nolam, let me up"

"No" he answered in a sleepy voice.

"Nolam"

"Shush!"

"Ugh! Nolam, I swear if you don't let me...hm!" he was now kissing her on her neck, making her moan.

"Nol... Nolam" her voice was breathy. He was good. His hand went higher under her night gown to grab her boob.

She knew she should pushed him away, but part of her wanted him. He wasn't listening to her. At least, not to her complain. He was on a mission.

"Nolam... let go of my breast." She demanded.

He turned her on her back and kissed her to shut her up. Instinctively she tied her hands around his neck, kissing him back. Their tongues were dancing in harmony, turning her into a pile of mush. She could feel his erection trough the thin layer of PJ he was wearing. When he left her mouth to go back to her neck, she realized she had to do something before it was too late.

"Toilet" she whispered.

"What?" he asked, not stopping his task.

"I have to go to the toilet Nolam." She said louder, breaking the spell on them.

He looked at her with his piercing blue eyes.

"Please?" she said one more time.

He got off her and rolled back on the bed. She didn't try her luck and went straight to the bathroom. When she came back half an hour later, he was asleep. He looked ... cute!

Get a hold of yourself, idiot! She chastised herself. She took some clothes and went back to shower.

She wanted to go for a walk to clear her mind. She couldn't allow herself to lower her guard. She came only to be able to get rid of him, not to fall into his arms. She had to do it fast so no one in her family could know that. She couldn't let that happen. She walked for a long time, lost in her thoughts.

When she reached a park, the sun was already high in the sky and she was hungry. She saw a bakery. She bought a ton of pastries and a milkshake. She went back to the park and sat at a table, enjoying her treats. She was tired. She hadn't pay attention to the road she took. She had to call a taxi to go back to the Winter's house.

She took her phone from her pocket only to see that she had 53 missed calls and 8 texts from Nolam and his family. She didn't bother reading them, she called him back.

"OMG! Clytia are you okay?" he asked in a worried tone.

"I'm good don't worry. I'll be on my way back."

"Where have you been all this time?" he growled on the phone, clearly upset now.

"Lower your tone Nolam!"

"Lower my..." he breathed heavily. "Where are you?"

"I don't know. It's a park. There's a bakery: Bostin"

"I know the place. I'll be there in a few." With that he hang up on her.

Nolam arrived exactly twelve minutes later. He was wearing a cap to hide his face. She looked at him as he was screening the park looking for her. She got up and walked up to him. When he saw her, he walk to her and took her arm, almost dragging her to the car. In the car, she opened her box of pastries and took one of them, eating it while looking at the horizon. When they arrived, she tried to open the door only to find it locked. She laid back and sighed.

"Can you unlocked the door Nolam?"

He was staring into nothing, his shoulders tensed and his hands still on the steering wheel.

"Do you realize how inconsiderate what you did was?"

"And what is it that I did?"

"So disappearing without a word is quite normal in your world?"

"I'm sorry. Is it what you wanted to hear? Good. Now open the door."

"I was worried. Wondering what had happen to you. Whether you were okay." He started, before finally turning on his seat to face her, clearly mad. "You should be more careful with your actions now. Going out at four in the morning. Do you know how dangerous it is?"

"I went for a walk and it was almost 6 am when I left. As you can see I'm fine. So chill man!"

"Chill! I can't believe it" he mumbled. "You're my wife. Mine to protect. What if something had happened?"

"Oh please! Cut the crap with the wife thing. I was doing great without you and I still will when all this masquerade is done. So let me be!"

"You still don't get it, do you?" he asked leaning toward her. "I'm not letting you go. So get used to having me around. And start behaving like a married woman."

"What is that supposed to mean?" She asked getting angry at him, her head slightly tilted on the side.

They stayed in that position for a while, in a staring contest match. Then Nolam smiled, a dangerous, sexy smirk and laid back.

"Honey," he started in a pretty low voice, "I'll have you in the palm of my hand, begging for more, chanting my name like a prayer. Before you realize what happened to you, it would be too late. Mark my word on that!" he promised before unlocking the doors and getting out of the car.

Clytia was left dumbfounded.

The ego of that man! Idiot!