Smoke and Mirrors (Part 3)

(Edited)

Alyssa's POV

Liam started to shift. His claws were out, his eyes were glowing, and his fangs were long and pointy.

"Liam? You with me?" Derek asked. Liam looked at him.

"We have a montro we use. Repeat it and focus on the words." Derek said. Liam was panting. "It's like meditating. You say the words until you feel control coming back to you." Derek said.

"Ok. Ok! Ok! What are the words?"

"Ok. Look at the talisment. See the symbol? I have a tattoo on my back, it's the same thing. Each spiral means something." Derek explained.

"Alpha. Beta. Omega." I said. Although I never had to use it, I listened as they would teach it to my family.

"It represents the ideal that we can always rise to one and fall back to another. Betas can become Alphas." Derek said.

"Alphas can become Betas." Stiles said.

"Can Alphas become Omegas?" Liam asked.

Derek nodded. "All you have to do is say the three words. With each on you feel yourself getting calmer. More in control. Go ahead." Derek explained.

"Alpha, Beta-" he was cut off by me, "Say it slower." I said.

"Alpha. Beta. Omega. Alpha. Beta. Omega." He repeated.

"Say it again. Remember. Every time you say the words you feel you are getting calmer." Derek said.

"Alpha. Beta. Omega." Liam said. His voice sounding more demonic each word.

Stiles scooted until his back hit the door at the end of the van.

"Say it again." Derek said.

"Derek I don't think that powerful talisman is working." Stiles said.

Liam starting breathing really hard, like he was out of breath. His eyes glowed yellow. He bared his teeth and growled.

"Liam! Say it again!" Derek said.

Liam tried to get up, which made the van tilt. Damn. He really is powerful. Liam broke out of one set of handcuffs. He was reaching for Derek's throat.

"Liam!" I yelled. I pulled him back, but he was way more powerful. So I wasn't of much help. Yeah, I hated Derek at the moment, but he still is my brother. Adopted or not.

"Liam! Listen to my heartbeat!" I screamed but it didn't work.

"Derek!" Braeden yelled.

"I think we need to go a little faster." Stiles said.

"Keep going!" Derek told Braeden.

Then Liam broke out of the second set of handcuffs. He had one hand around Derek's throat and the other I was holding down. But he was digging his claws in my thigh. Which hurt like hell. Stiles was helping me hold down his hands from killing Derek.

"We're almost there!" Braeden said.

"Focus!" Derek said.

"I don't think alpha, beta, omega is resonating with him!" I said.

"Do you know anymore montras?" Derek asked.

"Actually I do." I said.

"Liam. Liam! What threw things cannot long be hidden?" I asked. Liam looked at me but then focused back on ripping Derek's throat out.