Monstrous (Part 1)

Monstrous (Part 1)

(Edited)

Alyssa's POV

Scott packed up to go help Kira with Brett and his sister, I think. But I wanted to stay here. I had to let Liam in. It was awkward. He sat down on the sofa. "Want some water?" I asked. Like I said. Awkward. He shook his head. "Can we talk. In private?" He asked. "Um, well. I don't know. There's a lot going on. I mean it's not that I don't want. I do, it's just-" he cut me off. "It's ok. I understand." He said facing the floor.

"Hey, I do want to talk." I said putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Just maybe when we get done with Brett." I said.

"Promise you won't fall in love with Brett?" He asked.

"Promise." I said. That's the truth. I don't think I can fall for Brett even if I wanted to. I couldn't do that to Liam. Yeah, I know. He would probably deserve it. But, I'm not doing that to him. Plus, I really love him. I may be mad but that doesn't change my feelings for him.

Mason told me when he came out he started chugging bottle after bottle. He was even crying. I must mean a lot to him.

"Is there anything I can do to make you forgive me?" He asked.

"I don't know. Just let time." I said.

Scott walked down the stairs. He had two helmets. Oh, hell no. I ain't riding that thing if my life depended on it.

He handed Liam a helmet. "Kira found Brett. They're fine but we have to go." Scott explained.

"Wait, more assassins?" Liam asked.

"Maybe a lot more." Scott said. Liam stopped. "Different from the ones who tried to set us on fire?" He asked again. "I think so, yeah." Scott replied. He sat the helmet down on the table. Scott saw. He shut the door and walked over to him.

"How about I take you home?" Scott offered. "I'm not like you." Liam said. "Not yet." Scott said. "Oh yes you are." I said.

"What do you mean?" Liam asked. Scott smiled. "I see a lot of things that you're doing that Scott did." I said with a huge grin. "You both fell in love with a girl who was your anchor. I see a lot more but Scott needs to go, so Im not gonna say anymore." I said. I went to walk up the stairs but I listened to their conversation.

"I don't mean I'm not strong. Or that I'm not ever going to learn control. I mean everything else. You and your friends try and protect everyone. Have you been doing this the whole time? I mean how are you all still alive?" Liam asked.

"Not all of us are." Scott said. Tears built up in my eyes. Allison. She died protecting her friends. She died telling Scott that she will always love him and always had.

"I don't have anyone to protect. I did but that ended hours ago. No matter how hard I try. I probably will never get her to forgive me." Liam said.

"Let me at least take you home." Scott offered again.

When they left, I went into my room and sat on the bed, I pretty much cried. I miss her. She would have been 18. Yeah. She got held back so she older than most of the students. I got on my laptop and started looking at her pictures that we took.

I phone rang. It was Scott.

"Hey, we need your help. Like now. Come to the Clinic, were I work." Then he hung up. I grabbed a jacket and my phone and headed that way. It's not far. Maybe a couple blocks.

I was walking when I heard a twig snap. I turned around and saw nothing. I started walking faster. I heard footsteps. I turned around. Still nothing. At this point I was running. I finally arrived. I walked in and saw a lot of werewolves.

"They need a place to stay." Scott said.

"What about Argents old warehouse?" I suggested.

------------------

When we got there Brett attacked someone. It was Argent. "Wait. Brett this is his place. It's his place." Scott said.

"If if you were bringing guests you could have called." Argent said.

"I didn't have anywhere else to take them." Scott explained.

"I know this man." Satomi said walking over to Argent. "He may not remember but we've met before."

"You can trust him. I trust him." Scott said.

"How do we know he's not like the others." Satomi asked.

"Because his daughter, Allison, made a new code. 'We Protect Those, Who Cant Protect Themselves'." I said to Satomi and her pack. Argent nodded.

"What do you mean the others?" Argent asked.

"Last night. A whole team." Kira explained. She handed him a arrow. "They used crossbows."

"They're hunters aren't they?" I asked.

"Not if they're killing for profit." Argent said. "Not anymore."

"Can they find us?" Brett asked.

"They might already know your here. And maybe they're waiting for dark." Argent answered.

"So we're not safe here?" Kira said.

"We're not safe anywhere. We've been trying to get out for days. Everywhere we turn, we find someone new trying to kill us." Satomi said.

"They're coming Scott. And they're coming for you too. You are still number 1 on the dead pool." Argent said.

"Actually I'm not number 1." Scott explained.

"Then who is?" Argent asked.

"Alyssa." Scott said. Argent turned to me. I shrugged.

"Alyssa. Did you bring your bow?" Argent asked.

"Hell, yeah."

Word Count: 935