Smoke and Mirrors (Part 2)

(Edited)

Alyssa's POV

Derek chained up Liam to the back of the van with hand cuffs.

"All good?" Derek asked.

Liam answered by testing the hand cuffs and looked up. Derek grabbed something out of his pocket and showed it to Liam.

"I brought something to help you." He said. "This has been with my family for century's. It's a very powerful supernatural talisman. We use it to teach betas how to control themselves during the full moon." He handed it to him.

"Yes it powerful." Stiles paused clearing his throat "Very powerful." He finished. I intwined our fingers and squeezed tight. He did the same.

Liam's POV

Alyssa had fallen asleep on my shoulder. Our fingers still intwined together. I love her so much.

I looked at Derek. He was looking at her. I sighed. He looked at me, What?"

"How could you keep that from her?" I asked.

He looked confused. "What do you mean?"

"That she was adopted." I said.

He sighed. "I don't know. I wanted to tell her from the start, but mom didn't want me to. All these years I would finally get the nerve to do it but then I lose it. Now she hates me. I can see why." He said. "The last thing she said to me was 'I hate you'. She killed me."

"What do you mean 'she killed you'?" I asked.

"When she told me she hated me. And I knew she meant it when she slapped me." He had a tear rolling down his cheek.

"Where's her parents?" I blurted out.

"I don't know."

"Do you know her her parents?" I asked.

"They left her with us. My mom never told me why," he stopped.

I felt like I did on the first full moon, angry. I shook Alyssa. She woke up.

She realized what was happening so she scooted away. Just a little.

I tried to raise his hands up, the huff made a cling sound.

"What ever you're going to teach me. I think you better start." I said. I could feel my eyes change into there golden color.

Kira's POV

It's him. He stabbed me. What did she do to him?

*Flashback*

I woke up and seen I was still in my cell full of bones and human skeletons. I looked at the cell door... It was... Open. I stood up and slowly walked over to it.

"Scott?" I asked. Maybe it was him who opened the door. I walked out until I came to a corner. I slowly looked around it to see if there was anyone there, waiting for me.

"Scott?" I didn't see anyone. So I slowly walked forward, keeping my hands on the wall. It was so dark I couldn't see my hand in front of my face.

I heard bones clanking together. Like a skeleton moving behind me. I heard growling so I turned around. There was no one. The growling stopped too.

I sped walked forward, until I saw it. I stopped. I backed up and turned around, only to be met by another one. Damn, were are they coming from?

It growled at me and slammed me to the underground tunnel wall. I screamed. It repeated the action. Slamming me again and again to the wall. It hurt like hell.

Finally it stopped and put my back against the opposite wall. I seen its left bicep. It had... A tattoo... The same as Scott's tattoo. Two black bands wrapped around his left bicep.

I looked into its eyes. The creature. It had brown eyes. The same brown eyes I fell in love with. This creature covered in bear skins, bones, and a bear skull was Scott. What did Kate do to him?

It drug me across the floor of the tunnel until I heard a loud, cat like, growl. Damn. I have to deal with Kate.

He got up and took a few steps away from me, stopped and faced my direction again.

"I'm going to have to do a better job of covering that up." Kate said coming from behind Scott. Tracing the bones that covered his body.

"What did you do to him?" I asked trying to hold myself up.

"How... That's... That's the better story." She said, walking over to me.

"You see. When I first got away from the Calaveras, I had no idea where to go." She paused.

"But something, kept pulling me here. To the temple of Tezcatlipoca. It's name means Smoke and Mirror. And this..." She paused again, gesturing around the tunnel.

"This is a temple of Smoke and Mirrors." She stopped and putt her finger at the beginning point of scratch marks and traced them across the wall to the ending point.

She turned around. "When I got here, I found the Berserkers waiting for me. The helped me survive. And I didn't know quit why, until just recently. Till I decided to trust someone, I never thought I would trust." She said. Who is she talking about?

"It was then I realized I could not only control the Berserkers, I could create them." She said tracing the ribcage that was on Scott.

"They call me La Loba. The bone woman. We let you out because, I needed to test his loyalty. Did you know that Scott became an Alpha without killing anyone. He's been through quit a lot without having to kill. I think it's time to change that." She said.

Scott grabbed a knife made out of a bone and pulled it out of his belt.

I crawled back, away from Scott. "No, no Scott." He hovered over me.

"No. No, Scott. No." He drew back and stabbed me. I screamed.

*Flashback End*

Scott was one of them. He was a Berserker.

I wasn't healing.

"It's alright to cry. It's no measure of your strength." I heard my moms voice.

"But I'm not strong. I need to get up. I need to tell them." I said.

"How do you know you can't." She asked.

"Because I'm not healing." I looked down at the blood that was flowing out of my wound were Scott had stabbed me. He stabbed me in the chest.

"You told me why I never get sick. And you said I would learn to heal." I said.

"Then learn." She said.

"I can't. I don't know how. How to start. Or what to do." I said.

"I told you once before, that foxes and wolves tend to not get along. But they're similar creature, aren't they? You've seen wolves heal. How do they do it?" She said.

I started feeling dizzy. Probably the lose of blood.

"Kira." She said trying keeping me awake. "How do they trigger it?"

"Pain." I said panting. "With pain."

I curled up my fist and punched the wall beside me. Over and over and over until my hand was bleeding and pieces of the wall broke. I grabbed a sharp piece and squeezed it in my fist.

I could feel myself healing and my eyes light up. They turned they're supernatural bright orange.

Word Count: 1188