chapter 12 legend awakes

Creed, Saku, Fang and Midnight walked into the main hall, Creed and Saku looked around admiring the work and detail of the chapel" this is great!" He said excitedly. Midnight nudged Fang " told you so," she said he waived her off " yeah, yeah whatever!" Creed noticed the emblems and the saying above an archway " now this is what I call adding to a small broke down place!" He told Midnight and Fang. One of the townsfolk came running in " Fang! Is your leader here yet? They are going to burn more families alive!" He pointed to Creed, he turns and looks at the townsman " Who is burning the families alive!" The tension in the air gets heavy fast as Creed gets upset " it... it's....it's the hunters, they acted as town folk to get acquainted with everyone. Now with their leader gone, they are going to kill everyone, starting with the families that have kids." He told creed, he puts his hood up walks calmly past the pack, and the other two assassins "you want to see what this stone has done to me, then come out here and watch, it'll be quick!" He told them then looked at the townsman standing by the door. "How many hunters are there?" The townsman looked outside stepped in a little farther and told him that there was ten altogether, he looked down at his knives and noticed he had seven, Saku walked next to him handing him three more knives, "just in case!"

Walking out the door and everyone else following stopping a few feet away from the burn field, they saw the hunters tying up a sobbing family pleading for their lives. Midnight had to turn away and started to walk away when Fang grabbed her arm" they are about to get justice, no other family is going to die tonight Midnight!" He said. As the moon shined brightly in the night they noticed it's color-changing from a white to almost red, Midnight turned back around " why did the moon just turn a different color?" She asked as they all watched in horror as the family gets prepared for a live burn. The hunters stop and look around " something doesn't feel right man! Something doesn't feel" two hunters by the south side of the field fall with knives in their foreheads, *swoosh* three more knives cutting through the air and finds their mark in three more hunters, the rest of the townsmen noticing that the hunters are falling without a sound. Creed walks through the field and throws his last two knives, the sound of flesh ripping catches the last hunter as he turns and sees one lone assassin standing there " oh please, haha you think you can scare me? I should have been the leader, I'm a lot better than them morons and as for you, well you're going to die with this pathetic family!" He tells Creed " is that right well you might want to look around, your alone, and your surrounded!"

With one snap of his fingers the silver heart pack ease out of the shadows, Creed holds up a hand in a fist and they all stop. " You want to burn families alive and still live your life without a care in the world, that ends tonight by my blade!" The hunter laughs and runs towards him *shing* as he pulls out a sword, Creed just stands there hand on his wolf blade waiting for the hunter " Creed don't just stand there, do something!" One the townsmen shouts. The rest of the packs and other two assassins stand in the background, Saku smiling and arms crossed leaning on the doorsill the other stunned at the power of his knife throws " just wait it'll be over very, very soon." Saku tells the rest, as the hunter gets closer Creed ducks out of the way pulls out the wolf sword (rip) the sword tears across the hunters back. The hunter stumbles and turns " now your going to pay!" He says *swoosh* his sword slices through the air *clang* Creed brings his sword up to meet the hunters " what the hell are you? Why is your blade glowing?" Creed smiles gets kicked and slide back " bad decision," he said.

The hunter runs back at Creed he spins out of the way and cuts through the hunters' armor like butter"Aaah." He screams as the sword cuts his abdomen, he falls to his knees clenching his abdomen taking deep breaths " what... the... hell.... are you?" He says roughly with deeps shallow breaths between each word. Creed stands inches in front of the hunter turns the wolf sword upside down with handle pointing down and begins spinning the sword faster and faster, speaking the language on the sword. Midnight gasps " this can't be. He's.... he's... He's becoming one with the stone!" (Aaaawwwwwwooooooooo) a piercing howl echo across the land, within seconds the other wolves join in, the howl is( the legend has risen) Creed understanding the howl speaks the language, " THE LEGEND HAS RISEN!" Once Creed says it out loud the sword starts humming. " My ancestors were right a legend will be awakened at the time of need!" Creed stops the sword and cuts through the hunter at an angle; killing the last hunter. The other wolves stopped howling as Creed walks back, Saku meets him at the edge of the fields" do you realize what just happened?" He asked him, Creed shakes his head no.

By this time he and Saku are back with the others " Creed you just became the wolf legend, my ancestors spoke of the wolf legend when I was a baby and never thought it would be true until tonight!" Midnight told him "so that's what this power is, that's why I see in red and blue and clear as day!" He states. Saku and Fang walk over to where the family was tied up on the burn pile " please help us, get us down!" The father of the family said. They untie them and tell them " no need to fret the Wolfpack protectors are here to protect you and those that need it!" As they helped the family down from the small platform " oh thank you, thank you so much for saving us!" Two small kids run up and gave Saku and Midnight a hug. For the first time in a long time everyone in the town felt at ease, one of the men walked up to creed who was standing by the door " excuse me sir" creed turned around to a man and a little boy standing there the little boy asked, " would you and your friends like to join us for a thank-you feast?" He got down to the boys' level hiding his eyes" how old are you little guy?" He asked the boy replied, " I'm ten sir!" Creed looked at him then at the others behind him " yes we will thank you." He stands up and walks towards the chapel door grabs the handle and pushes the lever down. The doors swing open and he walks inside " This is great you guys! Do I have an office?" He said then asked, Midnight and Fang both pointed towards the door up the stairs. He nods and walks up the stairs turns towards the door of the office grabbing the handle twisting the knob and walking in. After looking over the office he walks back out, stands against the railing.