chapter 3 icey battle

As Midnight walked, she turned and said:" if you need us, just send the bird!" Creed nodded and walked over to Saku " I need you to understand one thing, Saku, just because you kept me from having to flip my blade out or throw my knives does not mean that you instantly gain my trust!"

"I know, Creed. I wasn't trying to come off rude. I do apologize for the way that came out. I'm trying to figure out why and when you'll be able to trust me. I mean, I know I crawled up to you. I was on my last hope of living, then you took me to your camp and got me back on my feet." Saku told Creed. Creed and Saku started walking back to their hut Creed had bought with some gold, when they got to the hut Creed moved, and threw his hand up and caught a knife that was thrown. "What the...." Creed said as he turned. Saku turned around as well and wondered the same thing. As they both turn, they notice the townsman has a handful of knives " You took what kept us sane. Now you will pay!" Saku feels his icy insides getting colder by the second. Creed looks at Saku and notices his eyes are now glowing ice blue. "Creed!!!! What do we do? They are townsmen." REMEMBER THE TRAINING AND MY WORDS," Creed hollered. Another knife was thrown, this time at Saku. Creed nods at Saku, stating they have the go-ahead. He puts his hands up and freezes the knife just inches away. He looks at the knife as it shatters. "How did that happen?" Creed asked. "I.....I don't know. My insides are cold as ice!" Saku replied.

The townsmen started gathering, and one said," we didn't know what you took until you took it. We have to have it back!" Saku noticed something strange happening as knives were being thrown, something that he had seen before. " Creed, we either have to fight or run. I've felt this before." Saku told Creed. Creed let out a loud whistle cry, Remu came swooping down. He let off another whistle, what is he doing? Saku wondered. The eagle then screeches and takes off faster than normal. Moments later, they hear the sound they had heard before, a stampede like sound, It was Midnight, and the whole pack was in wolf form. Saku looks back at the townspeople, and See's one of them has changed into something he's never seen before. "What the hell is that?" Creed asked, "That my brother is the leader of the ice trolls. I knew he got away many years ago well, not this time," Saku replied. He looked down at his hands and noticed they were glowing from light blue to dark ice blue. He put a hand up and blasted an ice blade. The troll moved just as the blade went past and into a townsman that was changing, "Watch my back, Creed, these things know no boundaries!" Saku said. "Hey, Creed," Creed looked at Saku," and don't let them touch you!" Creed nodded and threw some knives hitting one in the head, and he went down " Saku, throw me your sword!" Saku launched the sword through the air towards Creed. He jumped, just missing the ice troll's swing, grabbed the sword, and swung it. The ice troll let out a piercing cry and fell to the ground, the rest of them heard the cry and stopped fighting.

Creed had killed the leader of the ice trolls because of Saku's fast reflexes under the stress of a battle. One of the ice trolls walked up to the fallen leader, ripped the necklace off, walked over to Creed, and attempted to hand him the necklace. Saku jogged over to Creed " it's a traditional thing Creed when the leader falls, the one that killed him becomes the leader." Saku told Creed. "Can you give it to Saku ice? he's the one that helped me do it. I was only protecting myself in battle." The ice trolls looked at each other and shrugged. "I guess it won't hurt to change our tradition this time around!" One of the trolls told the others. He turns and hands the necklace to Saku, Saku takes a knee, and the troll puts it around Saku's neck. He feels the ice building up inside him as he stands, he looks at Creed with crest light blue eyes " thank you, Creed " Creed nods and begins to walk away as if Saku is going to be staying with them now. You wouldn't think that Creed would think highly of Saku, but in that battle, when Saku could have let Creed die from the ice trolls' hit but didn't, instead, he threw his sword to help Creed slay the leader to end the battle. That's when Creed found out that Saku was able to be trusted.

Saku ran up to Creed and asked: " where the hell do you think you're going without me?"

" I figured you were going to stay with them," Creed said. " Once an assassin, always an assassin, right Creed? Isn't that what you told me?" Creed smiled and nodded in agreement. " Saku, have you seen Midnight? I haven't seen her since she was hit with the club?" Saku shook his head, Creed whistled, and his eagle lands on his forearm " go find her," he told the bird. Moments later, he hears a loud bird call, and they both took off running. In a field, Creed sees wolves gathered around " MOVE!!" He yells. He slides on his knees as he reaches Midnight " what happened?" He asked one of the wolves who came back in human form and said, " she was hit by a troll, Creed!" He looks at Midnight's side and notices a small cut that was preventing her from healing " she was hit with an ice spike, not a club." Saku said. Creed looked at Saku and asked, " do you think she can heal if we patch this up and give her some antibiotics and an antidote?" Saku puts his hand on his face and thinks for a minute " yes," he answers. Creed removed the ice spike and put some liquid on it. Moments later, Midnight started breathing again.