XLii. Find The 'X'

Start from the beginning

"Right" Joyce confirms.

"How the hell are we mean't to find him, when we don't even know what this thing is" Gabbie sighs with frustration.

"Did he say anything? I mean, before he left?" Mike asked Joyce trying to get some answers about what the thing was.

"Uh, some... something abut vines?" Joyce said confused with herself.

"Hopper's in a plant?" Gabbie questioned them. As she said that a car started approaching the house. All three of them looked up.

"Hopper" Joyce said as she ran over to the front door. the two children trailed behind her hoping that it was true and Hopper somehow made it back.

As they looked out the drawing filled windows they saw no one other then Bob pull up in the driveway.

Everyone almost made a collective sigh. Joyce stood there not knowing what to do, she couldn't involve Bob in all this. She couldn't do that to him. She knew she had to make him leave.

"You two stay here, I'll be back" Joyce said to the children as she opened the front door and stepped outside.

The two teens sat on the couch, waiting for Joyce to come back. They didn't really know what to say to each other. They just held each others hands.

Soon the front door opened again and not only did Joyce enter, but Bob as well. But teens stood up and looked Joyce, almost saying 'why is he here'.

"What the..." Bob started before Joyce stopped him.

"Nope, nope, nope, not aloud to ask questions, just look at this" Joyce said to him.

Will had now entered the lounge as the 3 teens, Joyce and Bob stood in the lounge room looking at the drawings. Bob held onto his brain teasers tight as he looked around at the house that was only normal yesterday.

The first thing he said after minutes of silence was 'huh' still trying to ingest the whole thing.

"You drew all these yourself?" Bob asked Will as he turned around, Will just nodded his head.

"Why, exactly?" Bob thought out loud wanting to get some answers.

"I... I told you the rules. No questions. Okay?" She said again looking at her boyfriend.

"Yeah" Bob said looking around the room once more still taken back by it all.

"we.. we just need you to help us figure out what..." Joyce said as she started moving towards the kitchen before stopping seeing no one was following her "Bob? Bob? Over here" Joyce Yelled to him, which made him turn around, he handed the Brain teasers off to Mike as he followed Joyce in the kitchen. Joyce had knelt down and started drawing an 'X' on where Hopper was.

"Where... where this is" Joyce says as she taps the 'X'.

"That's the objective. Find the 'X'" Mike confirms for him.

"Something we do to pass the time" Gabbie said as she smiled awkwardly towards bob, nodding her head slightly.

"Yeah? What's at the 'X'? Pirate treasure?" He had which made himself laugh.

"Bob, no questions" Joyce said firmly. Gabbie felt bad for the man. He was dragged into this mad house and can't ask questions. This place is insane, and people would go insane if they didn't answers to all of this.

"Okay" Bob nods his head. There was a moment of silence as everyone just stood around waiting for someone to say something.

"Let me talk to you for a second. Hang on guys and gal" Bob said as he wrapped his arm around Joyce and took her down the hall to her room. And like that the Teens were left alone again. They decided to sit at the kitchen table. Mike sat in the middle of the two Byers and they sat either side of him.

"Will, are you sure you don't know what you've drawn?" Gabbie questions him.

"I'm still not sure, I just don't know to talk about it" Will says looking at the 'X'.

"that's fine Will, you did a great job, you spied for us and you found Hopper" Mike said to the boys as he placed his hand on his shoulder smiling at him.

"Okay, I get it. That's Lake Jordan." Bob said from down the hall. The teens look at each other as they stand up and  look down the Hall as Bob is pointing at the wall.

"Holy shit" Gabbie whispered to herself.

"And it that's Lake Jordan, then you can probably find..." Bob stated as he walked down the hall "yeah, that's, uh, settler's quarry." Bob continued. Everyone now had eyes on Bob.

"And if you just follow it naturally..." Bob says as he moves his hand along with the drawing into the lounge "It moves to... The Eno River. And there it is. The the Eno, do you see it?" He asked his audience. None of them could see it.

"Okay, so the lines aren't roads. But they act like roads." Bob says as he walks around the house looking at all the different drawings.

"And they act like roads 'cause when you follow 'em, you'll see..." Bob says as he entered the kitchen "they don't go over water. And that's the giveaway. That's the giveaway. Ha!" Bob said excitedly. "Don't you get it? It's not a puzzle, It's a map. It's a map of Hawkins." Bob concludes. Bob laughs in the background being proud of himself for figuring it out.

The Byers and Mike went quite trying to take in all that was said.

"Right, Will?" Bob asked. No one answered. Now they knew what the drawings were, now they could find Hopper.

Hey, this was a long Chapter. It felt like not a lot went on, it just kinda felt like they were just standing there, but I guess the kids didn't really have much to do in this episode. It's all focused on my main man Bob. I swear I'm going to cry when I write his death scene. I loved him so much.

I've got 7 days left of high school. which is crazy. Now more high school for me. I'm so ready to sleep more.

Thanks for reading, voting and commenting. I love checking the comments, I do read them all.