XLii. Find The 'X'

Start from the beginning

"I saw him." Will said to her.

"You saw who, baby?"

"Hopper, I think he's in trouble. I think he's going to die." Will says in a straight voice, like there was no sadness. This concerned Gabbie as she looked at the boy. He wasn't acting himself.

Joyce takes a second to think everything over, not really knowing what to do. Her friend, a person she has known basically all her life, was on the verge of dying. Joyce knew she was going to stop at nothing to get him back, safe.

"Was this in your now memories?" Joyce questioned her son, grabbing on to his hand. He nodded his head. "Do you know where he is? Is he on this drawing?" Joyce questioned, still not really knowing what it was, but maybe it could help her to find Hopper. Will simply nodded again. 

"Okay, good good, can you point where he is?" Joyce questioned hoping he would take her straight to the spot. 

"I can't, but I think I can draw it" Will said with a soft tone. With that Joyce jumped up and took Will to the twins room. they left Mike and Gabbie behind to slowly follow after them.

"Hopper is in danger, Jesus, he was the one guy I thought that could kill anything, it's scary to think about, not having him around" Gabbie slightly upset at the thought of losing Hopper.

In the past year Hopper would come over from time to time, and he would also come with them to the lab. Gabbie really didn't know how to admit it, but she felt he was almost a father figure to her. He would tell her stories of cases he had in the big city, and tales of her mother and himself in school. Even though then Gabbie acted as if she didn't care for them, she really did, and now she was worried she could never really thank him what his done to help her family.

Mike snapped Gabbie out of train of thought by placing his hand on hers "Hoppers going to be fine, he's Hopper, he's basically the biggest, meanest, coolest dude ever, he's not going anywhere, we've got Will spying now, i bet the shadow monster doesn't even know whats coming" Mike said with a slight smile trying to cheer her up, and it did put a smile on her face.

"Thank you Mike, now lets find him" She said as she took his hand and walked towards her bedroom.

As the two entered the room, thunder roared as Will dropped his crayon. Joyce looked at the artwork then to her son.

"Is this where you saw him? Is this where you saw Hopper?" Joyce asks him.

"I think so. yeah" Will says emotionlessly as she stares at the paper. Mike and Gabbie both look at the artwork. There was a lot of blue, in this one, so it looked a little different. 

"Okay" Joyce says softly as she takes the wrapping paper. Joyce, Mike and Gabbie turned around and started looking at all the drawings, trying to find a match with the one Joyce had in her hands.

They ran out into the hallway, looking at the walls, ceiling and floor. Mike ran his hand over the drawings as he passed them taking a mental image of what they were, Joyce help up the drawing comparing it to the ones on the wall. Gabbie ran head and started checking the floors of the kitchen. Joyce ran into the lounge and Mike in the dining room. It wasn't long before Gabbie grabbed everyones attention, singling that she had found it.

Joyce and Mike ran over to her as he pointed to the drawing that she thought was right. Joyce placed her drawing over the one on the wall and it was a perfect match. They had found Hopper.

"Okay, so... so Hopper is here" Joyce concludes.

"Yeah. Now we just need to find out where here is, right?" Mike says to her.