Felicity (56)

I lost all sense of time. As soon as Tony began making small cuts on my skin my mind went utterly blank and thankfully my body cut out some of the pain. Maybe it was the adrenaline, who knows but I was eternally thankful for it. I remember screaming, I remember crying and I remember a lot of silence. He was torturing me and I knew it. The monster hovering over me probably was getting off on the torture he was inflicting all over my body. They weren't deep and probably wouldn't scar if I even made it out of this alive but it was as if my body was being covered in hundreds of little paper cuts. They were probably considered decoration for the severed pieces he planned on sending to Doug. My heart ached and eventually my throat went dry. I had nothing left in me and so I sat there, barely conscious as he continued with his work.

I never really gave much thought into how I would die, but this was never one of my thoughts. Old age maybe, a car accident or some other random event but never had I ever considered that it would be something as brutal as murder. I never thought I would be taken against my will and cut into pieces like this.

I let my mind wander to all the people I was going to be leaving behind, saying my goodbyes to them in my head even though they would never hear it because it was the best thing that I had to offer them. Sam, my best friend who I had barely had the time to reconnect with, my mother who was still fighting for her life with whatever illness she was dealing with, Peyton my beautiful daughter who was going to grow up the rest of her life without a mother to look up to and be by her side. I was going to miss her first day of school, her first kiss, her first prom, her wedding one day...

And then Douglas. The only man I had ever loved. That sweet boy I had met in high school that had been by my side through everything, even when my dad had passed away. I spent a lot of my time thinking about him. It had distracted me from the pain and the constant cutting until I realized...it had stopped.

Anthony had frozen up and was now standing completely still, staring up at the ceiling above us. I heard multiple pairs of footsteps racing about and many multiple thuds as if furniture was being tossed around or bodies were hitting the floor. I had thought it was just my imagination but Anthony quickly turned to face me, his eyes stone cold and I was certain he was about to finish the job he started. Instead he began to cut at the ropes and zip ties keeping me in place. I didn't have the energy to fight back so when I became free I just sort of slumped in the chair until Tony then grabbed me by my hair and pulled me against his front with my back against his chest.

He backed us both up until he was standing next to the table where he had gotten the knife and pulled a gun into his hands. I heard a click and the gun was then held against my head. He then waited. He didn't pull the trigger even though that's exactly what I expected him to do. We waited until the commotion from upstairs had ceased and the door to the basement opened.

I had prayed it would be Douglas, finally coming to rescue me. So when I saw him slowly descend down the stairs, blood dripping from a wound in his forehead and a pistol aimed toward us in his hand I thanked god for the miracle. I had never been a very religious person and I wasn't even sure what I believed in but in that moment it felt like the right thing to do.

"Anthony." His voice was hard and controlled, something I only rarely ever heard. "It's over. Let her go."

Tony only pulled at my hair tighter making me gasp out in pain and move onto my tip toes as if it would help ease the strain of my hair being pulled tightly away from my scalp. "I could still kill her. You're going to kill me anyway, why not take her with me."

Doug made eye contact with me briefly and I knew what he was saying even without any words being passed between us. He loved me. He wanted me to know that no matter what happened here in this basement that he would love me no matter what and that he wasn't going to go down without a fight.

"Why involve her in this? You and I both know that it's me you want dead. I'm the one who had you sent to prison. Wouldn't you rather kill me instead?"

As son as his words met my ears my body began to panic and I cried even more. "Doug No!" I managed to scream even though the words were scratchy and barely recognizable.

"Shut up!" Anthony had screamed at me and pushed his gun closer against my head. "Put your gun down." He said a bit more calmly toward Doug.

"Let her go and I'll put the gun down." Came his response.

There was no way this was going to end well. We were in a stale mate. Someone was going to die down here tonight and I was determined not to let it be us. My mind raced back throughout all the times in my life where I had been helpless, defenseless to the point where I needed someone to come running out to save me. Why couldn't I be that person for once in my life?

I swallowed hard and made eye contact with Doug once more, it was a pleading look...one that said to hold on a moment.

"You think I'm stupid? As soon as I let her go you're going to shoot me. Put your gun down Doug. You aren't exactly in any position to be making requests."

"Neither are you." I grit out forcefully and the next thing I knew my leg kicked back behind me as powerfully as I could manage in my mangled state and connected with his groin.

The combination of force I had applied and his surprise had sent me flying out of his grasp and onto the floor. I don't think Doug had been completely prepared either and the next few moments were absolute chaos. I heard a few gunshots ring through my ears but I couldn't tell you much after that because that's when my world spun and turned black.

{Probably some typos but I really just wanted to post something! Enjoy! And I promise not to make this cliffhanger torture you for long ;) }

Comment, Vote, and follow!