Felicity (25)

I hadn't packed so fast before in my entire life. I wasn't sure if he would come looking for me but if he did I knew he wouldn't waste any time in doing so. So the moment I got back home with Peyton I put her to sleep and began packing. I didn't pack everything, I only took what I would need for a couple weeks until I could find a new place somewhere far away and rent a truck to move all of my furniture. So I stuck to packing toys, clothes and my toiletries. It took about a day but as soon as I had everything ready, my mom stopped by with her car and helped me load up my things. Then I was gone. She hadn't asked any questions yet but I knew they were coming. Yes I felt terrible for what I was doing but I truly didn't believe there was another option. Peyton was going to be heartbroken but I hoped she would forget about Douglas soon enough. She had to, it was the best thing for her and for me. We would only drag him down and as soon as he decided he was done we would be on the street again with nowhere to go. I couldn't let myself fall for him and run the risk of turning into an emotional wreck. I had more than just myself to worry about, I couldn't be selfish.

The car ride would take about an hour, going back to my childhood home would be hard. Douglas and I used to hang out there together every single day after school. My room, kitchen, bathroom, living room and every damn corner of that house was filled with happy memories. It felt like just yesterday he was there with me, sitting on the couch and talking me through a hard breakup. I remembered the time he tripped while walking up the stairs and fell backwards into me, sending us both tumbling down to the bottom in a fit of giggles. I remembered the time we stayed up all night in my room watching movies, it was also the first night we really opened up to each other. He told me about his parents and how they had never truly been proud of him for anything while I told him about my father and how I missed him every single day he was gone. He passed away when I was only ten years old and it had been hard to cope with it even those years later.

It wasn't until I felt my mother's hand on my shoulder that I realized I had been crying, tears flowing down my cheeks faster than I could wipe them away.

"Felicity...it hurts me so much to see you like this. What happened, did Douglas do something?" she asked suddenly.

I wasn't prepared to hear his name and I didn't want Peyton to hear it either. I glanced back, happy to see that she had fallen asleep. I wiped my eyes once more and glanced out the passenger side window while shaking my head.

"Sweetheart..please talk to me, I want to be here for you. Did Douglas...hurt you? Are you scared of him?" she asked quietly, trying to guess at what was going on. But she couldn't have been more wrong and it made me laugh. It was an ugly laugh, hidden under my snot covered gasps as I tried to stop crying enough to explain.

"He would never hurt me.." I finally said quietly

"Then what is going on? Don't keep me in the dark here."

I cried silently for a few more minutes until we pulled up outside of my old house, I glanced up at it through the window before looking at my mother, my eyes blotched red with tears. "I'm scared that he will push me out of his life like I did to him...and if he does that I'll lose it."

My mom furrowed her eyebrows in confusion "But by doing this you are cutting him out of your life, you won't see him again. Doesn't that hurt too?"

"Of course it does." I said with a nod, wiping under my nose to remove the snot that had formed there. "It would hurt more if he walked out on me...I don't want to give him that option."

It was silent for a few minutes and neither of us made a move to get out of the car. Then suddenly I spoke up again. "Mom.."

She looked at me with sad eyes "What is it?"

"I'm in love with him..."

----------------------•----------------------

{Short, sweet and to the point. God I loved this chapter ending, how about you? Comment, vote and favorite!}