Douglas (16)

The next few weeks flew by in the blink of an eye and I was barely able to keep up. Business meetings and wedding planning all day and then during the evening it became routine to spend as much quality time with Peyton as I could. After work, Peyton Felicity and I would pile into my car and drive over to their apartment where we would cook dinner together and watch some sort of Disney movie. Some nights we went out and others we would order in. All in all, things had become more serious and I was thankful that this past weekend we were finally able to tell Peyton about who I was. She was confused at first and it didn't seem like she understood. We had decided to give up and explain it to her when she was older but the following day Felicity and I were surprised when she called me 'Daddy'. We had both smiled and were grateful that she understood. We felt as if we were a family and I couldn't have been more happy. 

My office phone began to ring and I was suddenly pulled out of my thoughts. "What's up Felicity?"

"Um...I'm sorry to bother you I know you said you didn't want to be disturbed until after lunch today but Jamie is here to see you?"

My eyes widened a bit and I leaned forward, breaking the comfortable laid back position I had been in. "Oh, send her in please." I said suddenly

The line went dead and I hung up the phone before pushing myself to stand on my feet, adjusting my tie and smiling in the direction of the doorway. 

When it opened Jamie was there in one of her many expensive outfits, her hair curled and her make-up done. "Jamie" I said softly while walking towards her, wrapping my arms around her in an embrace and kissing her gently. "What are you doing here?"

"Well.." she said "I haven't seen you much recently and," she paused and looked away from me for a second before meeting my gaze once more. "I miss you Douglas. I've been wanting to talk to you about a few things but you haven't been around to talk and I knew that I would only be able to catch you at work. So here I am." she said, pulling away from me a bit and walking towards the window. 

"I'm sorry Jame, I really am I've just been so busy with work  recently that-"

"That's not it Douglas." she interrupted me, leaving me speechless. What was that supposed to mean? "Before that other girl..what is her name Felicity?"

I nodded and she continued. "Right, well ever since Felicity started working here I never see you, if I want to talk to you I have to text you and even then I get short answers from you. That shouldn't be how this works. You're going to be my husband and I should be your top priority."

"Jamie, I understand and I know I haven't been around but that's just because of Peyton, she's my child and I wanted to make up for all the time I lost with her." I tried explaining but Jamie wasn't having any of it. 

"And what about all the time you are missing with me?" she asked, her eyes glazing over a bit. "Don't I mean something to you?"

"Of course you do Jamie, it's just that there is so much going on right now and-"

"I'm pregnant." she interrupted me once again and my eyes widened. I stayed there, not moving a muscle as the information sunk into my head. She was pregnant. "I've been wanting to tell you but you kinda need to be around for that." she said a bit more bitterly. 

"Jame...I'm so sorry." I whispered, taking a step closer to her and taking both her hands in mine. "You're right okay. I haven't been there for you recently but that is going to change starting right now. I promise but.." I paused, wanting to word my thoughts carefully. "Peyton is still my daughter too.."

Jamie let out a sigh and nodded her head. "I know, but you need to be around for me too. Why don't you let me meet her? You said we could invite them over for dinner one day. Why can't we do that this weekend?" she asked me while taking a step closer and placing her hands on my shoulders. "I'd love to get to know her, and Felicity too. If they mean so much to you why can't you share that with me?"

"You're right.." I finally admitted. "I'll invite them over this weekend, how does that sound?"

"Sounds great."

~~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on Felicity pleaseeeeeee" I begged while leaning against her desk, batting my eyelashes at her. 

"Doug, I said no. I'm not comfortable with that. When she came in here...she gave me this weird look okay? I don't know how to explain it." she said with a sigh.

"Felicity, Jamie wouldn't do that. She said she really wants to meet you and Peyton, in fact she seemed excited about it."

"I don't know Doug...it still doesn't seem like the right time."

"It will never be the right time, we're just gonna have to go for it." I explained "Look, you and Peyton are a big part of my life but so is Jamie and I want to be able to have everyone I love in one spot. Please don't make that complicated for me. I really want you there."

Her eyes rolled and she huffed, looking at her computer screen and began typing away. "Fine...we'll be there." she muttered. 

I couldn't hide my joy so I leaned forward and gave her cheek a sloppy saliva filled kiss. "Thanks bestie!" I teased her with a wink before making my way back to my office and calling Jamie to give her the good news.

----------------------•----------------------

{Comment, Vote and follow! Now it's about to get REALLLLLY juicy ;) And let me just tell you this...it's about to go down. If any of you know Kevin Hart...just picture him saying it. That's the best way I can describe it xD}