Douglas (26)

The car ride gave me time to think of what it was I needed to say. I wasn't sure why Felicity had decided to leave so suddenly in the first place. I began to think that maybe it was because she didn't feel the same way about me. Maybe the kiss didn't mean as much to her as it did to me. But something deep down inside me told me that wasn't the case. What I felt during those few moments we spent together with our lips against each others could not have been one sided, no it was way too powerful. Convinced that wasn't the case I began searching my brain for other reasons as to why she would leave so suddenly. Maybe she was scared? Maybe things were moving too fast after Jamie left? I wasn't sure what it was and that only made what I had to do even harder. I wasn't sure how I was going to convince her to come back with me or how I was going apologize for whatever I may have done wrong. So when I pulled up in front of her childhood home a short while later, I figured I would just have to wing it and hope for the best.  

As soon as I put my car in park and shut it off, I glanced up at the house where Felicity's mother still lived even after all these years. It was still exactly the same as when I last remembered seeing it. I was last here the first time Felicity had run away from me, but her mother had told me that she was gone and refused to tell me where she had gone. But this time I knew Felicity was here and I wasn't going to take no for an answer. I wasn't the dumb guy I was back then and I knew exactly what I wanted and I wasn't leaving without it. 

My eye caught movement from an upstairs window and I knew it was Felicity's old bedroom. My suspicions were confirmed and I knew for a fact that she was there. Showtime...

I kept my eyes trained on the window as I approached the front door of the house, hoping to maybe see some more movement. But when I saw nothing I let out a sigh and finally knocked on the door. But I was only met with silence. I knocked again and again but I got no response each time, They knew I was here yet they refused to let me in, they refused to let me speak. It wasn't fair.

"Felicity please!" I screamed out, while backing up so her window was in view. "Don't do this! Just let me talk to you!" I demanded almost angrily. Why was it that she could just walk away whenever she wanted and never feel anything? It was bullish*t. 

I went back to the door and began banging harder and louder, refusing to stop. "Felicity open the godd*mn door!" I yelled harshly, my fists turning red from all of the pounding. Then suddenly the door was no longer there and Felicity's mother stood there with an angry expression on her face. 

"She doesn't want to see you!" Was the only thing she yelled in my direction. It had been years since I saw her and she looked almost exactly the same. 

"Mrs. Jacobs please, you don't understand....I need to see her. I can't let her walk away again because if I do it will completely destroy me." I said with pleading eyes. 

"And what? You want me to just betray my daughters trust and let you in? No thank you." she said somewhat bitterly, although her voice was on the edge and she was close to breaking. I just had to push a little more. 

"You care about her happiness, yes? Then please, let me in. She must be scared and I get that, hell I'm not even sure why she left but I need to know and I need to apologize for whatever it is. I need closure in the very least...I can't leave it like this. Please...I'll only be five minutes." I begged again while taking deep breaths in to keep myself as calm and collected as I possibly could. 

She didn't respond for the longest time, instead her face softened and she looked as if she wanted to cry. "Make it quick.." she muttered while stepping aside so I could walk through the door. 

I thanked her and rushed toward the stairs, taking them two at a time before stopping outside of her bedroom door. I decided not to knock since she would only yell and tell me to go away, so instead I gripped the door handle and opened it to find her standing in front of the window looking outside. Confirming my suspicion that she knew I was here.