Felicity (27)

"I would never leave you because I'm in love with you and I have been since freshman year."

His words then are what broke me. My cheeks were still stained with tears as I lifted my head to stare at him, trying to break through his gaze and determine if he truly meant it. I felt as if his eyes went right through me and saw things in me even I couldn't see.

I still felt the spot on my forehead where he had kissed me and it was warm. It had sent tingles along my spine until my whole body had been aware of it. Aware of his closeness. It was exactly where I wanted him to be. No. It's where I needed him to be. Suddenly the events of the past few hours seemed like absolute nonsense. Why did I believe for one second that I was making the right choice for me and Peyton? It was clear to me now that Douglas was the best option for both of us. He was good with her, he made her laugh, he could stop her from crying even when I couldn't and he could spoil her sometimes. Realistically that was the best life I could provide for my daughter, and if it only lasted for a short while I sure hoped it would be worth it. Because I was in love with him too.

That was also the last thought I had before I reached my hands out to cup his face, pulling him towards me as I also leaned away from the wall to meet him and crush my lips against his forcefully. I hadn't told him how I felt yet so instead I decided to put it all into this one kiss, to show him how much I loved him rather than telling him.

The sudden movement from my kiss had sent him off balance, making him place his hands down on the ground so he wouldn't fall over. But as soon as he regained himself his lips were moving against mine and he leaned closer so my neck wasn't straining as much to reach him.

It all felt so right, exactly like our last kiss. But this one was better because I now knew where I stood and I knew how much I truly meant to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had felt like ages until we were finally forced to break away, and if it weren't for my mother I don't think we ever would have stopped. She stood in my doorway, clearing her throat loudly so we were definitely aware of her presence. Without standing up off of the floor, Douglas turned his head around and away from me to look at her. Her arms were crossed over her chest as she tapped her foot impatiently, waiting for us to adjust ourselves.

Douglas turned back towards me and flashed me a grin as he stood and then offered me a hand to help me up. I took it gladly and he pulled me up to my feet, his arm wrapping itself gently around my waist as we both stared back at my mother.

"Please Mrs. Jacobs, I'll only be a few minutes." My mother mimicked with her best Douglas impression. And I had to admit, she was pretty spot on. Her face twisted up into a smile and I giggled while averting my face up to Douglas who just realized my mother was messing with him.

"You don't quite do it right," He commented while running a hand through his hair. "Without this tangled mess, you have no business imitating me." he said with a chuckle.

My mother only rolled her eyes in amusement before she let out a smile and walked toward both of us, wrapping her arms around us at the same time. "I thought this day would come much, much sooner but I knew you would end up together eventually." she said which made my cheeks go pink.

It was safe to say that Douglas and I were definitely dating now, but hearing it out loud was something completely different especially when it's coming from your mother. "Mom..." I trailed off as a warning.