Chapter Seven -Welcome Home, We Missed You-

The house was very quiet, well quieter than the normally noisy skeleton bros tended to be in the morning. Especially with Sans home again, most of those that lived around them would think they'd be louder. Sans, however, was still tucked into his bed, passed out, hugging his pillow close to his head. Last night had been a long night for him. He wasn't used to the pain without his morphine drip anymore and it took him forever to get to sleep. He ended up having to take codeine just to get to sleep. Sans groaned softly, the quiet sound of his brother knocking on his thick wooden door and calling his name woke him up from his peaceful slumber. He was dead tired and being awake was not on his list of things he wanted to be. It was nice to be home and all but thought he’d be able to sleep more than an hour give or take. He rolled onto his back and sighed heavily running a hand over his tired face. The ache in his bones quickly returned smacking him the face like a ton of bricks. He lazily covered his eye sockets by slinging his jacket covered arm over his face. He already doesn’t want to be awake not that he wanted to be in the first place, to begin with. He thought that he would be excited, this being his first real day home and all, but he's not oddly enough. He groaned and slowly pushed himself up. He lazily responded to his brother's oddly soft calls in a low grumble.

“I’m up bro, I’m up,” He muttered less than happy with this horrible aching. Sans looked at the door as it slowly creaked open and Papyrus’ head popped into the room. A smile was plastered to his brother's face.

“Good morning brother! I made you breakfast and brought you some medicine.” The door gently swung open with those words and Papyrus stepped in with a glass of water and some medicine in the other gloved palm. Two dark purple round-shaped pills just waiting gulped down by Sans. At least it would stop his pain for a while, that's all he really cared about at the current moment. Papyrus gently handed his brother the glass of water and codeine.

Sans glanced at the pills in his hand and shifted them around for a moment. “Thank bro, I owe you one,” He muttered and glanced at Papyrus for a moment, he quickly threw the pills back and chugging down the glass of water.  He sighed and took a deep breath, hopefully, they'd kick in soon.

“Of course, brother! I'm glad that I can be of assistance!” Papyrus cheered happily; Sans smiled his brother seemed so much happier now. He was glad that Papyrus was feeling better at least, he hates to see his bro so down in the dumps. Although he can’t say much has changed for him, besides him being sick and Papyrus finally taking off his battle body. Which was a shock for him at first, but Papyrus insisted that it would be easier to take of Sans without it, which was the only real reason he was okay with taking it off. Papyrus had traded his battle body for an orange, long-sleeved sweater. His signature red gloves and slightly torn scarf stayed; however, his bottoms and black tights were switched with jeans tucked into his normal red boots. It didn't look to bad at the very least, it actually suited his brother quite well.

Sans' train of thought was broken when Papyrus trotted off downstairs, most likely making his way back to the kitchen. Sans got up from his bed and followed but stopped at the top of the stairs. His legs still ached pretty bad, was breakfast really worth it? Was it worth the pain just to get some food, maybe he could just stay up here? Sans glanced back his bedroom and back at the stairs, sure he could just teleport but he's using his magic to heal and that's more important. Sans took a deep breath and spun on his heel walking back to his room. He has an idea that might get him down the stairs, without any casualties hopefully. This idea, however, may or may not make Papyrus extremely upset.