Track 26: Out of Love

Chapter song: Out of Love- Alessia Cara

'But you know, I thought you were happy until I saw the way you smile now. And if he makes you happy, than thats all that matters.'
                        ♡♡♡
Three updates in a row! Enjoy and please do vote and comment.
                            ~~~

Park Shin-hye's P.OV:

"OMO" she murmured as she slowly shut the door.
I sat down on the bed with a thud. I couldn't stand any longer. My legs felt wobbly.
He must have suffered for so long knowing his mother loved someone else yet married his father. But she looked so in love with Mr. Kim in the pictures.
How long has he been suffering knowing that?
My heart squeezed as I imagined what it would've been like for him.

"I can't believe I just heard that."
I couldn't believe it either.

"You think he's okay now?" I shook my head with the sound of her slap still echoing in my mind.

"I don't know." I stood up pacing the room with my hands clasped worriedly.
"I should go see him now. I can't stay here any longer."
She quickly stood up stopping me. "No, no, no. I don't think that's a good idea. You two were trying to convince her you're not together, right?"
I nodded knowing where she's going.

"Well, you are failing miserably!" she waved her hands and I hated that she was right.

I sat down on the sofa as she continued giving me her 'You know I'm right' look.
"Okay, okay. You have a point."

She smiled in satisfaction and sat down on the bed facing me.
"You have to ignore him. Don't smile at him. Pout at him. You can't hug. And please don't go looking at each other like you want to get married now" She rolled her eyes and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"We don't look at each other like-" I sighed for the second time glaring at her.
"Alright,maybe we do sometimes."

"There's something about this Jennie girl." She murmured after a deep five minutes of deep thinking.

"Aish. She wants Tae to show her to colleges. Why him? And she's wearing his favorite brand! Gucci. Can you believe that?" she threw her mouth open at my jealous talk then took out her phone pressing several button before handing it to me. It was a picture of Jennie posing with a gorgeous man that had his hand around her waist. They were looking admirably at each other.

"Who is he?" I murmured.

"Read the head title."

'Another Heartbreaking split-up.'

"That's our magazine issue from the past year. See this man? He's a famous Korean businessman, he was so in love with her and they were engaged until she broke up with him. People say it's because he went bankrupt."

I skimmed the article my mind in a daze. "You're saying that..."

She nodded coming to sit next to me.
"That's exactly what I'm saying. You see, she only wants someone to stay with for attention. I don't know if she really was in love with that guy but he loved her. A lot. They were referred to as the 'Golden Couple' that year. Anyways, I think that's what she's planning with Taehyung."
The bile rose in my throat as she continued explaining that Mrs. Kim wouldn't care if that means ensuring business deals with Jennie's father in return.

"You need to be careful. You have every right not to trust me, but are you this naïve not to see the way she was acting around him" I didn't like the way she touched his shoulder every time she was laughing or the way she purposely sat next to him every time I'm around. In fact, I'm sure she isn't what she shows everyone she is.