Track 32: Style

Chapter's song: Style- Taylor Swift
Dedication: raghida946

Park Shin-hye's POV:

"Appa..." I swallowed worriedly glancing at my mother then back at Jungkook that was equally worried. My father has always been the shoulder to cry on and having him look at me that way felt like carrying the whole weight of the world on my bare shoulders.

"Talk to him sweetie." Eomma whispered from beside me with an encouraging smile as she motioned at my brother to follow her to the kitchen.

Taking a deep breath, I dragged myself to where he was standing while clasping my hands together in worry.

"Appa, I-" my gaze dropped down and my voice lowered. I felt so bad that I kept it from him for so long.

"I wanted to tell you earlier but-" he was waiting for me to continue and his face looked so pale.

"How long have you two been dating?" He was staring at the rain drops outside and I hated how disappointed he looked. I never kept anything from him but that was not easy to tell.

I bit on the inside of my cheek while waving one hand. "We dated for a whole year before we broke up back last summer."
I left Taehyung mother's part out. It was something I didn't want him to worry about especially when it could definiently affect the job he loves.

"He drove you back home? Where you out together?" He demanded turning to me this time with forehead wrinkled.
I didn't know what our relationship was like now and I didn't even know how to answer that.

"You love each other?"

I blinked not expecting him to ask me that but I nodded slowly and he sighed looking in deep thought before he came closer and sat on the couch sighing long and heavy. He pointed for me to sit down and I finally did.

"Didn't he get engaged?" He wondered in confusion.

I shook my head. "His mother forced him into it without even asking for his opinion. He's having a press conference after his brother's wedding to deny the news. He even got into a mutual understanding with Jennie, the girl he's supposedly engaged to. She doesn't even want to get engaged. She told Taehyung that."

He sighed soothing his hand over my hair. "You're my only daughter and I don't want you to get hurt."

I blinked my tears away nodding slowly. I already knew where he was going.

"Why didn't you tell me before? Where you that scared? I never gave you a reason to be scared of me."

"Appa...it's not like that." I cried.

"I know his family, Shin-hye. I might already know that he's a great guy and has everything I would ask for in a husband for my daughter but do I think that's enough? Maybe you do because you're still young and in love. I'm not saying that to make you feel sad sweetie but his mother...she won't be okay with it. You know she believes we'll never be enough and I won't accept anyone looking down at my daughter or my family. Ever."

I swallowed the growing lump in my throat knowing that he was right but I loved him. I loved him so much.

"Appa..."

"I know. I noticed the way you were so sad and calm the past summer and the way you were happier these past two months and I want you to be happy, just like every father wants for his kids."

"Arayo. I love him Appa. I know you're right and I fully understand the huge difference between the two of us but I can't leave him. I tried and I failed miserably. Please understand that and don't ask me to stay away from him. Please appa. I can't. I swear." I wiped away the tears sniffing repeatedly and he patted my back hugging me to his side. I rested my head on his warm chest and from the corner of my eyes I saw mom crying at the door steps with a wary smile.