Chapter 2: Train before you leap

"What were you thinking?!" Aunt May yelled.

"I was just trying to help," I argued.

"By leaving Mary Jane alone to go into a war zone?!"

"She was safe-"

"-I don't care Peter! What you did was whole irresponsible and dangerous! You were lucky to be alive! I don't understand why you did that!"

"I...I wanted to help-"

"-Are you the police?! Are you the army? You are just a child Peter and-"

"-And because of me one man is going home tonight to his family!" I snapped, "I saved his life, and many more. I don't regret what I did."

May looked horrified, I don't' think Peter ever snapped back at her like this, but then again I'm not Peter Parker.

"May, maybe we should call it a night," Uncle Ben spoke softly, "gone on, go to bed. I'll handle this."

"But Ben I-"

"-it's alright May, just go," Ben gently assured her. She nodded sadly as she turned and left, leaving Ben and I alone at the dining table.

"I didn't mean to snap," I apologized.

"It's alright Peter, I understand," he said softly.

"I was just trying to help I didn't mean-"

"-I understand Peter," he repeated, softer this time, "you have too realise, you're all May and I have, if we lost you..."

"I saved someone Uncle Ben, isn't that what you always taught me to do? If I can help someone, isn't it my duty to do so?"

"Yes, I suppose it is," he smiled, "go to bed Peter, we'll talk about this in the morning. Don't' forget you have school tomorrow."

I nodded, "right...night uncle Ben."

"Good night Peter," he replied as I walked upstairs into my bed and locked the door behind me. I sat down on my bed and sighed, talking out my busted web shooter. I had one working and the other one is a complete mess.

I worked on it for a while before giving up, it was broken, I needed to make a new one. Actually, if I was serious about the whole hero business I neto upgrade these things. I needed them to be more durable and hold more webbing. Maybe even try and make different types of webbing. That would have been so useful against Abomination.

Suddenly there was a knock on my window, I swiped by desk clear pushing the web shooters on the floor before I looked up to find MJ waving at me.

I blinked in confusion as I opened the door, "Peepers? How did you-"

"-Climb up you tree," she pointed to a large tree next to my window, "can I come in?"

"Yeah, sure," I stepped aside letting her in, shutting the window behind her, "so what's up?"

"Nothing. Did your aunt and uncle yell at you a lot?"

I sighed, "yeah, but I deserve it. You?"

"No, aunt Anna understood it wasn't anyone's fault. If anything she thinks I should have gone with you. Honestly though, she wouldn't stop talking about how amazing you are," she said rolling her eyes.