Chapter 23

4 years later
It's been 4 years since Clary went back to Louisiana, she's sent Jace photos of her and the twins. She had a girl and a boy, Jae and Caleb. Caleb is like an exact replica of Jace, Jae got all the good looks from both Clary and Jace. I miss her more and more everyday. After Clary left Luke couldn't hide his happiness which made my mom so angry she refused to even look at him. He got tired of it and left. Jace started to sleep around with every girl that showed him the tiniest bit of attention, he didn't get any one pregnant this time. He fell into a depression for months, not even Alec could get him out of it. What brought him out of it was Clary sending him photos of the twins when they were born. I've never seen him smile more in my life. It was amazing.
Clary has moved out of the gang area and into a safer area soon after the kids were born, I guess she couldn't raise her kids the way she was. I just hope she's happy.
Clary's POV
I've decided that I can't live in this state anymore. There's to many memories, I've tried for the almost 5 years to put them aside and focus on my job and the kids, but I can't. We live an hour away from the parking lot my dad was shot and killed at.
Jae and Caleb are turning 5, and I can't find a school I feel comfortable sending them to so I'm going to move, for them too.
I did the only thing I knew I could, call Izzy. I picked up my phone and rang my old best friend.
Iz: Hello?
Cl: Hi Iz.
Iz: Clary! By the angel! Are you okay?
Cl: Yeah i'm fine. I feel bad for asking this but can you buy three plane tickets to New York?
Iz: Yeah, of course.
Cl: Thanks babe. I'll explain when I get there.
Iz: Wait! Your coming back!
Cl: Don't tell anyone please. I just need a way to get back to New York. A safe way to New York.
Iz: Yeah, I'll get you my family plane for tomorrow night. You should be in New York by Monday. How does that sound?
Cl: Great. I can't thank you enough. I need to leave this place. I'll see you Monday.
I hung up and walked over to the kids bedroom to start packing up their things.
"Mommy, where are we going?" Jae, the brightest of the family. "We're moving in with your aunt baby girl. Now pack up the things you don't want to cuddle on the plane, alright." I couldn't love them even more. "You too Caleb. If you need any help picking things out I'll be right here packing up your clothes, okay. Just put the stuff you want to put away in a pile." Both of them nodded and ran to start going through all of their things. We live in a 2 bed 1 bath house, it's small but it works. I wasn't planning on having anymore kids so I didn't think I would need anymore room.

-Monday night-

Iz: I'll be right out Clare. Jace doesn't know a thing.
Cl: Thanks Iz. I couldn't thank you enough. I love you.
I heard the door open and a voice I could recognize anywhere, "I love to too Clary. Now get you ass out of the car." I slid out of the car and gave Izzy a giant hug. "I'm sorry Iz, I never should have left." She squeezed me harder then she ever had. When we let go I grabbed the twins and held both of their hands. "Are those-Those are Jace's-Yours." I laughed at her stuttering and introduced her to the kids. "Izzy, this is Jae, and this is Caleb." She started tearing up and smiling. "Kids this is your Auntie Izzy, be nice to her." The kids looked up at me and then Izzy, "Yes Mommy." Jae was nice in general, Caleb got his fathers personality. "Let's get you settled in before everyone gets home." I nodded my head and handed the kids over to Izzy and started grabbing bags out of the car.
Before we knew it, it was 10pm and Alec and Magnus has come home from their date. They were getting married in a few months. Magnus was walking to the bathroom where I had broken down in front of him not that long ago while I was walking out. "Clary! Your back! Does Jace know?" He was asking more questions than both of my five year olds do. "Hi, Magnus." I leaned in for a hug and answered all of the questions I could. "Tell Alec I said hi by the way." I walked back into Izzy's room where I had put all of my things. Izzy put on "The Princess and The Frog" for Jae and Caleb while she caught me up on the things I had missed. Jon had found a girlfriend from one of his video games he plays and lucky for him she lives a town over. My mom divorced Luke after I left because he was happy about it, and her and Simon were engaged. "Congratulations Izzy, I cant believe it!" She started to fiddle her thumbs for a moment before she looked back up at me, "Clary, will you be my bridesmaid, and can the kids be the flower children?" I felt my eyes go wide. "Of course bitch! Get your ass over here!" I gave her a giant hug and felt my shirt start to get wet. "Izzy? Are you okay?" She shook her head. "I'll be right back, okay." I let go of her and stood up to grab the twins. "Let's go meet your uncles ok?" They both nodded.
I walked over to Alec's room and knocked on the door. When I saw Alec open the door he wrapped me in a hug. "Hi Alec, I know you have questions but right now I need you and Magnus to watch the twins, please. It's important." He looked down at the kids, "Yeah, of course Clary." He grabbed Caleb's hand and Caleb grabbed onto Jae. "I'll be right back. I'll see you two soon, I promise." I gave them a small smile and stood back up and mouthed the words "thank you" to Alec before he shut the door. I practically sprinted back to Izzy's room where she was in a fetal position and holding onto a giant pillow. "Okay so, what do you need to get off of your shoulders. I will always be here for you." I lied down next to her and stared at her red eyes. She quickly sat up and I saw something fall out from in between her and the pillow. A pregnancy test.
"Holy shit. Izzy congratulations! You and Simon are gonna do great I already know it." She gave me a small smile underneath her tears. "I just don't know what to do Clary. He's always out on business trips and I have to run my company. Neither of us ever have time to look after kids." I dried her tears and wiped the mascara off of her face and put my hand under her chin so she would look at me. "Everything is going to be okay, Iz. I promise. I will watch the little one whenever you need me too. Plus I'm 90% positive so would Alec and Magnus, and you mother. Max. How is the little dude." I smiled at Izzy as she let out her last few sniffles. "He's fine." She wiped the last few tears off of her cheeks and gave me a hug, "What did I ever do to deserve you Clary." I laughed and gave her a bear hug. "I did run away for four years." She let go, "That's right. Also, Jace is home. I heard his car."
I felt straight up panic run through my body as Jace's name was spoken. I hadn't seen him in almost five years. "He's still single right?" Izzy almost peed herself, "He's extremely single. Trust me. He hasn't slept with anyone since the twins were born." She fixed my hair and did a few touch ups on my makeup, "Perfect, now go woo your boy-toy." I smiled at her, "Thanks Iz. If you need someone to be there when you tell Simon, I'm there." She nodded and I walked back over to Alec and Magus's room to grab the twins before Jace saw me. I knocked on the door again, this time Magus opened the door with a giant smile on his face and Jae on his shoulders laughing.
"You have been relieved of babysitting, for now. It appears Jae has taken a liking too you." Magnus looked up at Jae and then back at me, "You and Jace have some good ass genes, and your kids have good taste in people." I looked inside and saw Alec and Caleb watching a movie together. Alec was almost half asleep, while my son was on the edge of his seat for a movie I had put on for him almost a million times. He really does love his Disney movies. "Thank you two so much, now if you don't mind I need to go make Jace run for his money. I heard Alec laugh from inside and Magnus gave a quick chuckle before putting Jae down on the ground. "You got this, he's only been looking forward to this for four years." I gave him a smile and then gathered up my children throwing Jae on top of my shoulders, as it is her favorite spot to sit. "You're getting to heavy for Mommy's shoulders, soon you'll have to walk around like a normal child." I walked downstairs with Caleb to my right and Jae having fun on my shoulders. You'd think I'd be used to this by now, walking downstairs with a toddler on your shoulders because that's one of the only ways she'll move around. But alas I am not.
I heard Jace making something on the kitchen with another voice I could recognize in a heartbeat, Jon. I quietly put Jae down while putting my index finger up to my mouth, and as a child does, she did the same thing while we silently walked to the kitchen. Before I could get to the kitchen we walked through the living room, where I placed Caleb and Jae so Jace, Jon, and I could have a moment in peace. I gave the something to distract them with while I continued to walk to the kitchen. I took deep breaths before my foot entered the kitchen. I was practicing what I was gonna say in my head but when the two of them turned around facing my direction and saw me all I could manage was, "Hey." They looked at me like I was an alien. Jace was the first to speak, "Clary? Are you actually here, or am I dreaming again." He took small steps towards me while Jon was scanning me making sure that I was indeed here. "Yeah, it' me Jace. I'm back, for good now. Hopefully." Jace had a giant smile on his face as he ran up to me and picked me up bringing me into a giant hug. It was the one where the guy holds you by waist, just high enough to the point where your feet can't reach the ground. "By the Angel Clary, I've missed you so fucking much." He put me back down and turned towards Jon. Jon was speechless and in tears. "Hi Jon." I put my head down in shame. "I'm sorry if I caused you-" Before I could finish the sentence Jon had already ran over and wrapped hi arms around me, making me unable to move. "Oh Clary, you have no idea how badly I've missed you. I almost flew to Louisiana to bring you back. But I couldn't leave mom, she's been through a lot recently, but we can get into that later. I need to get back, I'll see you around?" I nodded and gave him one last hug before he walked out. "Jace. I'm sorry. I never meant to cause anyone pain. I just thought everyone was better without me." He walked up to me and put his hand on my cheek and pulled me into a hug. "Why aren't you mad at me, you know, like a normal person?"  He squeezed me tighter, "because I love you. I love you Clary. Forever and always."