Chapter 21

"I'm having twins! "Jace, your telling me there are two babies inside of me right now! You best be joking!" I tried to sit up further but my swollen stomach was making it hard, Jace looked at me and put his hand on mine and rubbed it. He tried to hide his smile from me but i knew he was happy on the inside.
I stared at the hospital floor for a little bit with a blank face deciding weather this was a good thing or not. "Do we know the genders?" He shook his head, "I didn't want to know before you, or without you with me." I continued to stare at the ground till a doctor walked in and she looked me up and down, i could tell she was judging me. I'm a classic teenager from the hood, i mean just look at me. I'm almost 4 months pregnant with a guy I've known for less than a year. I've ruined both his family and mine's life. Sometimes I wish I could have stayed in Louisiana, maybe just go into foster care for the next two years of my life. I know that some people believe that your here for a reason but for my whole life I never understood where that came from. I wasn't wanted for the first 15 years of my life. By anyone but the gang I was in, it's sad if you think about it.
"Clarissa?"
I rolled my eyes and looked up. Before I could say anything I felt Jace squeeze my hand, "She would prefer Clary, thank you Doc." He shot me a glance and smiled. He stopped me from tearing this girls head off. That's something that never happens. Maybe it was because I'm pregnant and just passed out a few hours go.
"Sorry, Clary I need to take some tests to make sure your vitals are okay." I nodded and she pulled out a small needle and stuck it in my vein. I watched the blood flow into the tube and when she pulled it out quickly took a piece of cotton and some kind of tape and covered the cut the needle left. "I'll be back in as soon as the tests are done."
My mother walked in shortly after the doctor left and ran towards me practically pushing Jace into the chair by the wall. "Are you alright Clary? Do you need a drink, what about food? I'll go get you some food." I rolled my eyes and laughed at the frantic women in front of me. "Mom I'm fine. I promise. But I could use food." I looked at Jace as my mom sped out of the room. "Does she know?" He shook his head and walked back over to me and sat in the seat in the corner by the bed. "I love you Clary. I will be right by your side through all of this." He smiled at me and put his hand on my cheek." I saw a tear start to roll down his cheek, "I love you too. Now, when the fuck can I get out of here." Jace laughed at me. Even though I was in pain I couldn't stand to be judged by doctors, i'm a teenager about to give birth to twins in a few months. Damn. Back home Id be a success story, here i'm a fucking whore and Jace is going to have to balance his school life and the kids. I should just move back to Louisiana. "Soon babe." We smiled at each other when my mom bursted into the room again which caused Jace to jump. She started talking fast and I toned her out which made my thoughts become louder.
We are going home soon indeed, I'm sorry Jace. I can't ruin your life more than I already have. I wonder if the house ever sold. I'm going to have to get a job or something. I need to text my friends. I have to pee. Damn it.
"Clare?" Jonathan. Great.
"Hi Jon." I sat up and put on a fake smile. "How long have you been here?"
"I just got here. I have to drive the Lightwoods home." he looked at Jace. "You ready? We have school tomorrow."
Jace nodded reluctantly and stood up, he walked over to me and gave me a kiss in the forehead. "I love you. Stay here, and don't get in trouble. For me." I laughed for a few moments and agreed. Little did he know once I get out of here I'm packing up my things and leaving for Louisiana. I can't ruin his life anymore than I already have. I love him to much to do that.