Chapter 17

-Clary

-Jace

1 week later

1 week later

It's Christmas break and the Lightwood's are throwing some Christmas party that they trow every year. Jace and I have been together a lot more often and it's amazing. When I'm with him I feel the safest I've felt in a long time. He really loves me I can feel it. Even though I was taught that "Love is to destroy and to be loved is to be destroyed", I don't feel destroyed and neither does Jace. He really made a difference in my life and I can't imagine where I would be without him.
"Clary are you ready? We leave in 10!" Jon was standing outside of my door.
Shit.
"I'll be down soon!"
I grabbed my dress I had picked out with Izzy and threw it on and ran over to my desk and out in some eyeshadow and lipstick. I looked at the time and I had 1 minuet until my family would be leaving for the Lightwood's.
I grabbed my phone and my gladiator sandals and ran down stairs. Why did I get gladiator sandals im never going to be able to put them on.
"Let's go Clary!"
"I'm coming Mom!" My mom was yelling from the front door. "Damn it! Why did I choose to wear these damn shoes." I ran out with my foot semi in the shoe and did the best i could do in the car.
When we arrived at the Lightwood's house the roof was covered in brightly colored Christmas lights and the front yard was covered in inflatable Christmas decorations and more brightly colored lights. We pulled into the already crowded driveway and parked the car, Jon opened the door and I slid out right behind him, the door to the house was closer to Jon's side of the car and it was snowing and I didn't bring a jacket. When I looked up Jon was laughing at me.
"Just cause I'm nicer than I was when I arrived doesn't mean I won't beat yo ass!"
"Clary! That is no way to talk to your brother." My mom was right behind me, great.
Jon and I started laughing because we both know I could never fight him. "Let's get inside Clare, before you freeze."
I nodded and we both ran inside, Jon ran over to the table full of appetizers and I stood by the front door looking for Jace or Izzy.
I scanned the room until I found Izzy and walked up to her and Simon.
"Clary! You made it! You look amazing!" Izzy was the first to see me. I smiled and looked at her amazing dress and her stiletto heals she somehow walked in.
"How do you walk in those?!" I pointed to her shoes and she laughed.
"Natural talent." She looked at Simon and took his hand in hers.
"You look amazing Iz. I'll see you around." I took the hint that I was interrupting things and I turned around to join Jon at the appetizers.
Before I could I was grabbed by my arm causing me to gasp.
"Calm down Clary, it's just me."
"JACE! You almost gave me a heart attack! Never do that again!" I smacked his arm and saw what he was wearing. "Jace what on Earth are you wearing!"
He looked down at his poorly put together outfit. "I think I look great."
I rolled my eyes and patted his shoulder letting him no that nobody else did. A polo shirt, ripped jeans, and a leather jacket don't go well together. I mean yeah he looks amazing, but that's just him in general.
"What?" He smiled and snaked his arm around my waist.
"I love you baby." I smiled and stood on my tippy-toes and gave him a kiss.
"I love you too, babe." He smiled and gave me a kiss on the top of my head. "You need to start wearing heels!"
I laughed at him I suddenly felt shorter than I did when I walked in. "Maybe you should shrink!"
We laughed together and continued to talk and make fun of each other for the next 2 hours.
Jon came running up to me in a panic, "Clary. We need to go!"
I looked at him confused and I then looked at Jace. He smiled and nodded towards Jon. I faced Jon again and realized that my mom was drunk off her ass and Luke was holding her in his arms wedding style.
I nodded and said my goodbyes to Jace, Izzy, Simon, and Magnus and walked out the door next to Jon.
Luke places my mom in the passenger seat as Jon and I slide inside the backseats.
"Clary. You so pretty."
My mom was so drunk, "How much did you drink Mom!"
"I had a shot, and than another one, and than another one. And than- Where we going."
"I'm taking us home Jocelyn." Luke started the car and started to pull out of the driveway. He licked the door so she didn't try and escape.
"But I want to stay." She looked at Luke with huge eyes, I guess she was trying to imitate 'puppy eyes' but it wasn't working.
"I know baby,but we gotta get you home."
I pulled out my phone from the bag I had brought and started scrolling through instagram, my friends from Louisiana were dropping out of school and some were pregnant. That used to be everyone's plan when we were 14. If we didn't get pregnant by 18 we'd be considered failures. Man I miss them, well some of them. I dm'd one of my best friends from Louisiana because she was almost 4 months pregnant by now and I wanted to see how she was doing.
ClaryxMorgenstern-
HEYYYY BITCH! How are you! I miss you so fucking much!
AnnabelB-
Holy Shit. BITCHHH I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!! How's New York! We all miss our little devil down in Louisiana!
ClaryxMorgenstern
It's good here, i'm fine. I'm missing some of Louisiana's perks at the moment and I jus wanted to see how you and your boyfriend were doing? And maybe the baby?????
AnnabelB-
I'm due in 5 months and we are saving the gender for the birth yes, why you askin'
ClaryxMorgenstern
I'm late.
—————————
We boutta spice this up