Chapter 10

I ended up taking a nap while we were on our way back to Jace's house. It could have been because all I heard was Jace's heart beating and his hand was always somehow touching my head. He woke me up about 20 minutes later and he carried me out of the car practically.
"Jace. I'm ok. I can walk."
He put me down and fixed my hair I felt warm inside every time he touched me. It felt comforting, but it was weird.
"Hey Red, Are you okay. You look like your about to cry."
"I'm fine." I had an attitude why did I have an attitude. "Oh my god Jace I'm so sorry I don't know what came over me. I'm okay I just have a lot on my mind."
He smiled and he wrapped his arm around me and I don't know what came over me but it just felt right, I kissed his cheek and I looked up at him, he had the biggest smile on his face. Not his usual grin. This was a huge smile. It looks good on him.
"Your cute. You know that Goldie."
"Your beautiful Red."
We've know each other from two days but I'm already falling for him. He probably isn't falling for me though. It feels like he just wants to be friends with me but I want to kiss him. Lips to lips. Not lips to head or lips to cheek. We walked in and Izzy and Jon were sitting at the table.
"Jon? What are you doing here?"
"I came over to tell you that mom is getting married."
I had so many emotions overwhelming me. I was sad, what if he viewed me the same way my mom did. I was confused, why did nobody tell me about this. And I was stressed, would he care about me. Did Jon put as good word in for me. I never had a good parental figure in my life. The best I had were the older gang members. Since I've moved back 3 days ago I've been more in touch with my emotions because I know that I don't have to hide them anymore.
"Red are you ok?"
"No. Excuse me I'll be right back."
I ran upstairs to the bathroom in Jace's room. I guess Alec was home with a visitor because they were being pretty loud. I shut the door and locked it and I just crumbled on the floor. Would this man treat me like a respectable women or like a juvenile delinquent. I may have had a rough start to life but I want to change. I just need a good role model.
I don't know why I'm so upset. It's not like I know this man. It's not like I have to get to know this man.
I was broken away from my thoughts by a knock on the door.
"Clary. My name is Magnus, I'm Alec's boyfriend. May I come in?"
"No. I just need some alone time. I need to gather my thoughts and get over myself."
"I know that you never had a good father figure but I've met the man your mom is planning to marry, he is very nice. He was a good friend with my mother before she took her life. I just want you to know that I'm here for you."
"WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP SAYING THAT! I can take care of myself I've been doing it since I was 6."
"Because we care about you Clary. Now please open the door."
I reached up to the doorknob and unlocked the door. I shifted myself to the wall next to the door so I could open it. Before I had the chance to open the door a half naked man walked in, he was wearing pants, but no shirt. He was very good looking, I could see what Alec saw in him. His presence was almost magical.
"Oh Biscuit. Everything is going to be okay."
"I never had a parent who cared about me. Why would they start now. I relied on my gang to teach me. It clearly didn't go so well."
"I know you don't know me. I'm going to tell you what I went through and how I got through it and maybe it can influence you. Now you just sit back and relax."
He told me how his dad left when he was very young and his mom had committed suicide when he was 5. He went to live with his father who taught him all of the wrong lessons. He became a run away at 14. He ran into Alec one day and something inside of him just clicked, he was miserable until Alec helped him get through it.
"Please don't tell me that I need to find a man to be happy."
"That's not the point." He grabbed my hand and he looked into my eyes even more intense. "What I'm saying is you have to tell people what's bothering you so they can help you get through it. I know Jace would love it if you would confide in him."
"He just wants to be friends though. I want to be more. It's awkward."
He laughed at me and then when he realized I wasn't joking he stopped laughing and grabbed my hand again and rubbed the top of my palm. "Oh Biscuit your serious. Okay Clary I'm going to tell you this but don't you ever tell Jace."
I nodded in agreement. He crossed his legs and he took a deep breath in. "I can tell Jace wants the same thing you do just by the way he looks at you."
"How does he look at me?"
"He wants you. He wants you all to himself. He may be a player in school but I've never seen him look at a girl the way he looks at you."
I smiled and I got off of my ass and I began to walk out of the bathroom. I turned around as Magnus was getting up. I hugged him. "Thank you Magnus."
"Anytime Biscuit. I'll see you later I have a boyfriend to get back to." He smiled and walked past me to walk out the door.
Jace's POV
I sent Magnus to go talk to Clary because he's the friend groups therapist. He gets people to open up to him. Like anybody. It's so weird. I had a good feeling that it worked because Clary walked out of the bathroom with a smile on her face.
I was waiting in my room so I could be the first one to talk to her incase it didn't go well. Luckily I didn't have to. She walked out and I guess she wasn't expecting me to be there because when she looked at me she just stopped.
"I'll leave you two alone." Magnus walked out and shut the door behind him. Clary walked up to the door and locked it.
"Hey Red. What's up."
She walked towards me and she gave me one of the biggest and tightest hugs I've ever gotten. I returned it of course because I knew she needed it. I was looking at her the whole time, admiring her beauty and the strength she has to keep herself together. She turned her head and stared into my eyes.
Clary's POV
I don't know what I'm doing. I'm running on adrenaline and excitement. I just want to kiss his ass. I practically pushed Magnus out of the room. I let go of him and I looked at his eyes and then his lips for about 15 seconds before he grabbed my face and smashed his lips onto mine. It was full of desire and hunger. Our lips were memorizing each other's. It felt like our bodies were meant for eachother.
His hand that he wasn't using to hold me up to his face he put on my back and brought it down to my ass. I took this is a chance the put my legs around his waist. This was becoming a full on makeout session. He put his other hand on my ass as well for support and he sat down on the bed. He broke our kiss and put his forehead to mine.
"Red. I think we should think about this. I can be a real jerk, and plus we've only known eachother for 3 days."
I moved my forehead off of his and just stared at him.
"I love you Red. I don't think I've ever felt this open to someone. But I think we should slow down a little bit."
"Jace. I don't understand." I tried to get off of hi but he put his hands on both sides of my waist holding me in place. "Your sending me mixed signs Goldie. Holding me there is making me want-"
He interrupted me as he kissed me again.
"Jace. Tell me, do you have a girlfriend."
"No. The girls at school are going to be so fucking passed that I'm with someone this beautiful. They're kinda obsessed with me."
"Well they might just have to get their ass beaten by y'alls favorite red head."