Chapter 3

New York: Uptown
My mom lives in the richer parts of New York because apparently she's some business women. I don't know, but since she's so important she had one of her assistants pick me up. My brother was nowhere to be seen and according to the bitch driving me home "was hanging out with his girlfriend." He stayed to have sex over picking up his kid sister who he hasn't seen in like 13 years. Why are all men assholes. I hope she gets pregnant.
My brother is only 2 years older than me. Which makes him 17, he's a big deal in his high school. He's gonna have a problem with me, I can feel it. The whole school gonna have a problem with me. I'm a girl from the hood who's going to some major preppy boarding school. can't wait.
At Jocelyn's house
I jumped out of the car so I didn't give the bitch the chance to escort me out of the car. I know how to walk. I ain't no child. Looking at the house my brother and mom now lived in made the house me and my dad used to live in look like a crack shack, which it was at one point but that's besides the point. As I walked in expecting my mom or my brother to be expecting me to walk in, to greet me like my dad and me did back in Luisiana, and when I walked in there was nobody there. Just me and their well polished floors.
"HELLO! Anyone home."
"Good morning Mam, you must be Clarissa. I'm Bernard, I'm the butler of this establishment. May I take your bags."
"No. I can carry them. I got arms."
"Okay miss. How about I show you to our room."
"Sure. Oh and if you call me Clarissa again I'll snap your arm in half."
Nobody, and I mean nobody calls me Clarissa. I am Clary fucking Morgenstern and nobody is going to change that.
The butler dude guided me to my room and then left me to do what ever I wanted.
I put my stuff down and looked around the room. It was bright pink with white accents, it looks like a 3 year old girl exploded and was used to make this bedroom. I need to go get paint. I was about to start putting on better shoes to look good in then the slip on sneakers I was wearing to go walk to a paint store when I heard a knock on the door.
"Who is it?"
"Clarissa is that you?"
I opened the door and saw my mother.
"What do you want. And don't call me Clarissa I ain't a little girl anymore and I outgrew Clarissa when I was 3."
"Okay I'm sorry. So do you like your room?"
"No. Now tell me what you want." I rolled my eyes and I was about to turn around when the bottle came in.
"Mam. Can I get you anything?"
"No thank you Bernard. We're just having a chat."
"I need gray paint. Thanks."
"No problem mam. I'll be back soon. Dark or light?"
"Dark."
He walked away and went down stairs. I feel bad for him, I was expecting to have his kind of
job until I was 70. Dad had taken me to his cleaning job since I was 6, I would earn some extra money to help pay for the house. The women of the house would dress me in dresses and bows and they would pay my dad extra because they got to dress me up. It was a job I thought I would be stuck with.
"I just wanted to see my daughter."
"Well she left with our ex husband 13 years ago. You didn't do anything to keep her so she left and evolved into the very women you see before you. Her childhood is in Louisiana though if you want to go there."
"CLARISSA ADELE FAIRCHILD!"
"It's Clary Morgenstern. I don't know who Clarissa is. She left when her parents divorced and nobody wanted her."
I slammed the door in her face and I just wanted to scream. I pretend Clarissa is a different person, because she is. I've changed a lot since people knew me as little Clarissa Morgenstern or Jon's little sister. Where I lived people knew me as Clary, no big brother, and no bitchy mother.
2 hours later
I heard a male voice walk in the door, must be Bernard with my paint. I ran downstairs to find a boy with blonde hair and a beautiful girl, both around my age.
"Clare is that you"