13. RUNAWAY

❃

REMMI WOKE UP WITH Daryl gone. Which to her was expected. Rick was preparing for war. The last two days, him and Andrew had been up with Rick early every morning.

She had no idea why, but she didn't question it.

Remmi got up from the bed, trying to make everything seem as if it was normal. As if there wasn't a man out to kill them and take their home. She put on her clothes like every morning. Her hair was put into a ponytail and her watch was placed on her wrist.

When she was finished, Daryl walked inside the cell.

"Are you alright?" She asked him. Daryl just sighed, placing his crossbow in the corner.

"The Governor wants Michonne," He told her. Remmi turned and looked at him.

"Rick's not gonna go through with it, right? Surely—"

"He seems to wanna do this. Avoid a fight and maybe it's the best option,"

"Do you really think that?" She asked him honestly.

Daryl looked up at her, "It's not us Rem... But Rick, he seems to be pretty persistent on this. Seems to believe the Governor's gonna back off if we do this,"

"You know I'm always with you. I have your back with whatever needs to be done, but Daryl, this isn't right..."

Daryl sighed, rubbing his eyes. "I know, I know..."

"Hey could you guys give us a hand?" Maggie asked. "Oh, sorry, did I interrupt something?"

"Not at all. What's going on?" Remmi asked.

"Michonne had a good idea, but we need some extra hands," She explained.

Remmi nodded, grabbing her knife and jacket. "We'll figure this out, okay?" Remmi told Daryl, kissing his cheek before following Maggie.

Daryl sighed before following the two women.

They'd figure it out.

Remmi sat with Carol and Ellie when Rick walked into the cell.

"Sophia sucked her thumb, I think, till she was maybe four or five. It was so cute," Carol smiled.

"Andy just started and I'm trying to break the habit before it starts," Ellie chuckled. "Matthew was about the same though, four or five till he stopped completely."