10. I CAN'T STAY AWAY

WARNING: MINOR SEXUAL CONTENT

IT SEEMED AS IF everything was almost right again. After the prison got attacked, people started preparing for what needed to be done. Whether the group wanted Merle there or not, he made good points. The governor was ringing the door bell and the next time he would come, all hell would break loose.

So that's where they stood. Remmi, along with Daryl, stood outside of the small clinic. Remmi asked Rick if she could by herself, but the man refused, telling Daryl to go with her. He wasn't objecting with the request, but Remmi sure was.

While Daryl opened the clinic doors, Remmi had her gun held high as she walked inside. Daryl following quickly behind her.

"I wish you'd slow down," He mumbled.

"I wanna get out of here as fast as possible. Here's your list," Remmi told him, handing him a small piece of paper with at least fifteen items on it.

"Meet back at the front," Was what she told him before turning on her heel.

Remmi walked from room to room, not finding much. A few bottles of medicine, some bandages, but not enough.

As she opened the door to one of the check-up rooms, a sickly Walker came tumbling out, causing Remmi to fall to the ground.

She let out a loud shriek, hearing footsteps come almost immediately. "Remmi!"

Remmi held the face of the walker away from her as she reached for her knife, but it was no use. The knife was all the way across the floor, completely out of her reach.

"Daryl!" She cried, as she saw him coming out of the corner of her eye. Suddenly, an arrow came flying through the Walker's skull. Daryl then threw the Walker off of Remmi. Dropping his crossbow, the man picked up the woman lying on the floor.

Remmi sprang into Daryl's arms, sobbing. He hushed the fragile woman, rubbing her back softly.

When they pulled apart, Remmi sniffles as Daryl began to check her arms for scratches. Daryl's hands then move up to Remmi's face, placing her cheeks in his hands. "Are you alright darlin'?"

Remmi just nodded, embracing Daryl one more time. She didn't realize how much she missed being with him. Having her hold her in his arms, something she thought she'd have forever. When in reality, it became clear to her forever wasn't always accounted for.

"Promise me you're not gonna leave me again," Remmi whispered. "I can't go through that again."

"You won't have too. I promise you darlin', I'm not leavin' you again,"

Remmi moved from Daryl, the two of them looking into each other's eyes. Daryl pulled her closer, placing a soft kiss on her lips before turning into something more.

Daryl lifted the woman up, her legs wrapping around his waist. Daryl laid Remmi down on the small, rubber mattress. The crinkling paper causing Remmi to pull away and laugh. Daryl just rolled his eyes.

"I love you, Daryl," Remmi told him, moving her hands to his neck.

"I love you, darlin',"

Pulling him in, Remmi brought Daryl to her once more, pushing her lips onto his. Pulling away, Remmi lifted her shirt, Daryl doing the same with his own.

Soon, articles of clothing came off, dropping around the tile. With a final I love you their love was sealed and made whole once again.

Daryl prevented Remmi's cries with a kiss, her hands going immediately into his hair. And just like that, everything seemed right again.

Daryl couldn't take his eyes off of Remmi as he drove onto the road. It was like the first time she rode with him. Her feet up on the dash, the wind blowing through her brown hair.

He was happy. For the first time he could finally say, he was happy. He was content with where he was and who he was with.

"Ya know Rem—"

"Daryl! Watch out!"

And just like that, what seemed like peace, what seemed like happiness and contentment, it was gone within seconds.

PUBLISHED
word count:
761

a note from the author:
well, i know i haven't updated
i'm literally forever, but i've been
so busy with work and homework
and school and i'm just all tired
and bleh. ya know? so i'm sorry!
but this chapter is just a filler:)
a good one i think. but next chapter
will be updated as soon as i can!!

how was this chapter? not entirely
sure if i did okay! anyways,
have an amazing night or morning
guys! i love you!!