09. NOT LIKE BEFORE

❃

TWO DAYS LATER

REMMI SAT UP IN her bed. It was another restless night. Since Daryl left, she had been having a hard time sleeping. That and the fact that Derek was alive and seemingly doing well. The bruises he left on her face had swelled down immensely, along with her ribs.

Even though the pain was gone on the outside, the pain on the inside was still there. She forced herself to believe that this was all bad karma directed at her.

She told Beth she'd watch Judith today. The young teen never got any time for herself.

Changing of out of her sleepshirt and into a green, army t-shirt, Remmi walked out of the cell and into Beth's who was playing with Judith already.

"Ready for her? I haven't fed her yet," Beth told Remmi. "Thanks for watching her."

"You need a break Beth," Remmi smiled, "And you can start using that sketch book."

When they first got the prison, Remmi had went on a run and asked Beth and Carl if they wanted anything. Beth wanted a sketch book and Carl wanted some candy.

She ended up finding both.

"Thanks again Remmi," Beth said quietly, "It gets better you know? It's hurts now, but time heals it all. At least that's what dad said when my mom died."

"Thanks Beth, I really appreciate that," Remmi gave the girl a smile before picking up Judith and walking towards the kitchen to make her bottle.

There she saw mostly everyone, except for Rick who was spending his time in the fields doing who knows what. Glenn say angerly at the table, staring down his breakfast. Maggie sitting across from him, a blank expression on her face.

All three of them had been through something. And all three of them had dealt with it differently. But even so, it would only make them stronger, not weaker.

As Remmi made the baby's bottle, Andrew walked in with Ellie and Andy.

Andrew sat down with Glenn, both of them talking low enough to wear none of them could hear anything.

"How you feelin'?" Ellie asked Remmi as she shook the blue bottle.

"I'm fine. It's not like he's dead Ellie,"

"I know, but Remmi..." Ellie began.

Remmi sighed, "I don't wanna hear it Ell. I'm sorry, but just stop. I'm not gonna go and cut my hair or go run away because some guy left the group. I'm fine,"