12. MEETING PLACE

HERSHEL ROLLED DOWN HIS window as Daryl approached him and Remmi.

"He's already in there, Rick's talkin' to him now," Daryl tole them.

Remmi just nodded, "We didn't see anything,"

"No cars, nothin',"  Hershel said, nodding at Remmi.

"It just don't feel right," Daryl sighed, "Keep it runnin'."

As if on cue, a car pulled up, causing Remmi and Hershel to get out of the car. Remmi raised her gun, watching as four doors opened.

"Oh great, you brought her," One of them mumbled.

"Excuse me?" Remmi asked, stepping forward.

"What the hell? Why's your boy already in there?" Daryl asked.

Andrea stood back, shocked. She shook her head and walked inside of the building, leaving the six outside.

"Missed ya babe," Derek said, walking to the front of the car, "Put the gun down Rem, we both know you can't use it."

"You keep your mouth shut asshole," Daryl told him, raising his crossbow once more. Remmi looked over at Derek, the feeling of his hands on her lingering once more.

"No one said we had to talk. Derek, shut the hell up," Martinez told him, causing him to sigh and reach for a cigarette in his back pocket.

Remmi figured it was a new habit he picked up.

A couple minutes had passed and they all stood around, pacing back and forth.

"Maybe I should head inside," Hershel said to Daryl, the man nodding in agreement.

"Uh, the governor thought it was best to speak with Rick privately," This was the first time the man with the glasses had spoke. The three of them hadn't seen him before.

"Who the hell are you?" Daryl asked.

"Milton Mamet," He sighed, looking down to continue writing whatever was in the notebook.

"Great," Daryl said, "He brought his butler." The comment caused Martinez and Derek to chuckle some, but Remmi just shook her head, a small smile on her face.

"I'm his advisor," Milton replied, rolling his eyes.

Daryl then asked, poking the bear, "What kind of advice?"

"You know, planning, biters... I don't really think I need to explain myself to the henchman," Remmi's ears perked up, her head turning towards Milton.

"You better watch your mouth, sunshine,"

"Didn't I say shut your mouth?" Martinez commented, causing Daryl to walk over to him. Martinez just smirked.

Remmi rolled her eyes, "You two can be tough men later, but right now, let's try to keep the peace,"

"If it all goes south, we'll be at each others throats anyways," Hershel told them to which Daryl then backed off, spitting on the ground.

When Andrea walked out, she took a seat on the bench. Remmi immediately followed, sitting down next to her. "He sounds like a narcissistic pain in the ass," Remmi told her.

"He can be," Andrea sighed. "He's not willing to make a deal."

Remmi shook her head. Andrea made it obvious the entire thing was stressing her out. Remmi quickly changed topics. "Thank you,"

"For what?" Andrea scoffed.

"For taking care of my brother. I really appreciate it,"

"It was more Michonne than me... I was sick all winter and she-" Andrea sighed, a regretful look on her face.

Remmi shoved Andrea lightly, "She's doing good, ya know? Her and Andy are at each other's throats half the time, but she's doing okay. She's a great asset," Remmi told Andrea, "You would be too. The door's always open, you know that."

Suddenly, a loud clang was heard, causing Andrea, Martinez and Daryl to go off.

"You ain't comin'?" Martinez asked Derek.

"Nah, the henchman's got it," He told him, causing Martinez to roll his eyes.

Daryl gave Remmi a look, asking her if she was staying. She shook her head and ran off with the rest of them. She tucked her gun behind her pants and grabbed her knife.

"After you," Daryl told Martinez.

"Oh please, after you," He mocked. Remmi and Andrea gave each other a look before going to kill two of the Walkers.

"They're ridiculous," Andrea told Remmi as they walked past the two men.

"It's like a My dick is bigger than yours brawl," Remmi said, agreeing.

The two women walked back to where Hershel was, finding him and Milton talking.

"So you saved Hershel?" Milton immediately asked. "Could I ask you a few questions?"

Remmi smiled and nodded.

When Milton was done asking her what he had to ask, Remmi went over to their vehicle.

"So you didn't miss me?" Remmi sighed, grabbing the water bottle and turning around to face Derek who just smirked.

"Why would I?" She retorted.

"Don't get smart with me,"

Remmi rolled her eyes. "You don't own me Derek, you never have. You're just a jerk who beats women because you know you can,"

Derek smiled, "You're time'll come Remmi, just wait,"

Remmi stepped closer to the man, "Try me,"

"I can't wait to—"

"Wait till what? Huh?" Daryl said, approaching where Derek and Remmi stood. "You leave her alone."

"Or what? What're you gonna do redneck?"

"God Derek, do you ever shut your mouth?" Martinez commented, leaning against the car doors. Daryl nodded towards him, walking away with Remmi by his side.

"You and macho man bonding?" Remmi joked.

"Somethin' like that," Daryl told her, smiling down at her.

The group spent minutes in silence, waiting for Rick and the Governor to be finished. When it finally came, the two men walked out, going to their separate cars, leaving in opposite directions. 

Gathered around were the group of survivors. The one's who had taken the prison and had the intentions to keep it. Rick explained that the Governor wanted them gone. Dead. Nothing more and nothing less. However, they didn't plan to go down without a fight.

And a fight they shall receive.

PUBLISHED
word count: 969