P L A N S

Point of View: Patton, Third Person
Timeline: Flashback (cont.)

"Hey, Prince!" Patton poked his head into the living room where all of them were relaxing.  For once, no one had to leave for work or school and the rain outside wasn't exactly encouraging anyone to leave anytime soon.

Roman and Virgil were relaxing on the couch - Roman was having a mostly one-sided conversation with Virgil, who was scrolling aimlessly through Tumblr, while Logan sat by himself in the other chair, focused on his book.

Roman's head popped up at the mention of his name, looking to Patton.  "Yeah?" 

"Are you excited for your birthday?" Patton giggled excitedly.

Roman really loved celebrating.  Whether it be birthdays, holidays - even those nonsensical ones like, Pie Day - or really anything worth celebrating Roman was sure to have something planned.  And Patton had taken Roman's celebrative attitude in stride and between the pair of them there were plenty of events worth celebrating.

"Why of course, Padre!" Roman's face broke out into a bright, wide smile.  "I'm going to know the name of my one true love!  My destiny! I shall make it my personal mission to cherish and love them endlessly," He declared dramatically, looking out into the distance.

"And for that, I pity them already," Virgil commented dryly, not even looking up from his phone.

"Well, I was thinking that we should do something to celebrate!" Patton interrupted before an argument could break out, flopping between Virgil and Roman - throwing his arms affectionately around the both of them making Virgil roll his eyes.

Roman winced. "Actually, about that..." Roman laughed sheepishly, awkwardly shifting in his seat.

"Oh! If you don't want to, we don't have to!" Patton said quickly.  'I just - uh, I thought it'd be fun to celebrate! But if you wanna keep it a secret then that's alright," Patton smiled brightly.

"Oh no! No, it's not that!" Roman quickly shook his head.  "It's just that I already have plans to go visit my mom in Orlando and stay with her for my birthday," Roman explained easily. Roman usually went down to visit his mother a couple times throughout the month so it was really no surprise.  "But we can have our own little celebration before I leave! I'll even make cupcakes!"

"Well then it's settled!" Patton grinned brightly back at Roman, hugging his friend tightly.  "I'm so excited for you, Prince!"

"Um," Logan interrupted and shifted nervously as all the eyes turned towards him in surprise.  "I was wondering if I could invite Dee?" He asked carefully, looking at Roman.  "It could be a... opportune environment for him to get to know all of you guys, but if you want to keep things small then I completely understand."

Virgil's brown eyes darkened even further at the way their conversation had turned.  Patton pretended not to notice.

Roman, oblivious, just beamed.  "Why of course, Nerd! You must invite him! I'm offended you even had to ask!" Roman bounded over to Logan, throwing an arm over Logan's shoulders.  "I want to meet the man who hath won the heart of our resident Tin Man."

Logan frowned at Roman's affectionate nature - never one for physical contact - but just sighed and nodded appreciatively.  "Thank you."

"Well then it's settled then," Patton said brightly.  "We'll celebrate the day before your birthday! It's gonna be so much fun!!"

Virgil shoved his fists deep into his pockets, frowning unhappily.  Patton knew that he was waiting for him to say something, but what could he say? No, it would be better to properly meet Logan's soulmate, maybe it would help get rid of his foolish feelings.

_________________