P L E A S A N T

Point of View: Patton, Third Person
Timeline: Present Day

Patton looked up when he heard the door. He was laying on the couch, surrounded by fuzzy blankets and papers. His computer was sitting on his lap. "Lo?" Patton called out curiously.

Logan came around the corner, hovering the doorway. "Ah, salutations, Patton," Logan took off his jacket. "You didn't have to wait for me."

"Of course I did!" Patton patted the couch excitedly, wordlessly inviting Logan to sit over by his currently blanket-buried feet. "C'mon, talk to me. How did it go?"

Logan smiled and sat down on the couch, taking off his shoes. "I don't exactly have much to compare it to," Logan hummed thoughtfully. "It was... pleasant, I suppose."

Patton frowned. "Pleasant?" He repeated, nose scrunching in confusion.

"Yes," Logan hesitated at Patton's reaction. "Is that bad?"

"No, it's - it's not bad," Patton quickly tried to fix it. "I just, uh, it doesn't really sound like it was much fun," Patton pointed out. "You make it sound like it was a business meeting or something."

Logan awkwardly fiddled with his tie. "No, it - no, it was good, it was, uh, nice."

"Nice?"

"So, um," Logan cleared his throat. "So I see you've been job hunting?" He questioned, gesturing to the mess surrounding Patton.

Patton noticed Logan trying to change the subject. But he decided not to call him out on it - if Logan wanted to talk about... well, whatever it was that was bothering him with Patton, he would.

"Uh, yeah," Patton turned back to his screen. "Gosh, I didn't realize how difficult it would be to find a new job. Maybe I should make my new career being a stay-a-home dad," Patton joked.

"I'm sure you'll find something," Logan encouraged. "Have you sent in any more applications?"

"Yeah, I just sent one this morning, but I don't have high hopes," Patton confessed. "Colleges just aren't looking for professors. Or at least the ones around here," Patton amended.

"I have faith in you, Patton.  Try not to get too discouraged," Logan advised, getting to his feet.  "But for now you should get some sleep."

"Yeah," Patton agreed half-heartedly, closing his laptop.  "You should get some sleep too," Patton raised an eyebrow expectantly.

Logan sighed.  "Very well.  Goodnight, Patton," Logan added as he started his way up the stairs.

"Nighty night, Lo," Patton smiled brightly until Logan disappeared from sight.

He frowned as he gathered his things.  Something about Dee... no, Patton didn't like it.  But was he just jealous? Or was it something bigger than that?

Why did he have such a bad feeling about Logan's soulmate?
____________________