Chapter 7 - Is he flirting?

Start from the beginning

Romeo inhaled the smoke and sat down next to me. There was enough space between us, so no body parts could possibly touch by accident. He also faced the garden as we sat there smoking in silence. Feeling his presence beside me was driving me nuts. 

"Sorry 'bout that" he said without even facing me. 

"What do you mean?" I asked, knowing exactly what he meant. I really didn't like confrontation. I mean I was even unable to think about what had just happened at the dinner table without getting freaked out and dropping the subject. And I certainly wouldn't be able to talk about it with him.

What was there even to say? Sorry I touched you, Oh no problem Romeo I actually liked it, do you want to touch some more, no homo though?? Was Romeo even gay? Was I overthinking something that couldn't even happen even if I wanted to? Probably, yes. 

"I didn't mean to overstep a line back there" he said exhaling the smoke. 

Wait.

W-Was the Romeo Brooks apologizing to me? What was going on??

Act cool Blake. 

"No hard feelings" I said, taking another hit with slightly shaking hands. I mean, it could just be that I was cold, but really, it was because of him. What was my body reacting to? 

"I liked how you reacted tho", he said with the trace of a smile on his face. Good lord that husky voice! " and I don't think you minded it" 

Oh no, I know confrontation when I hear it! Now I can definitely not admit, that I don't know, if he feels the same way. That would be straight up lying. 

"W-Well I don't .. sorry I am not gay or anything.. I mean I-" I stuttered. I didn't know what I mean!! Where was I going with this rambling? It was just hard to put into words!! I mean, I knew that I wasn't gay, for sure, but I also knew that I didn't mind him touching me and that I couldn't stop thinking about him, although I have only known him for two days! 

Suddenly, he put his cigarette out and faced his body into my direction. Oh god what was he doing? His eyes glanced down to my lips and then back up to my eyes. W-Was he going to kiss me? A-And the more important question, would I let him? Did I even want this? Should I maybe scream for help or just say no? Did I want to say no?? Did I want to feel his plump lips against mine? My breathing became heavy as all those thoughts rushed through my head. 

He suddenly leaned in. Ok here was the moment! What would I do! Think fast Blake for fucks sake!! I didn't move away. 

But he didn't go to my mouth, but went straight to my ear. 

His lips lightly brushed it before whispering with his husky voice "Then why did you like it?" 

His hot breath against my ear made me shiver. No words came out of my mouth. He sat back with a grin on his face. I really didn't know what to say to that. I didn't even know what to think to what he just said, no what he breathed into my ear.

So we just looked at each other. I really wished I could know what he thought. He was so hard to read! Was it lust in his eyes? Anger? Did he think this was funny? I couldn't tell. 

He slowly got up to head back inside. Romeo stopped and looked at me one more time, before saying with his low husky voice and an amused smirk on his face "I don't know why Blake, but you bring out this side of me." 

Then he went inside. 

As soon as the door locked, I caught my breath again. Was I holding it this entire time?? Why did I like the knee touching, he had asked me. Well fuck, I don't know, how did he know?? Was I that obvious? Was I that easy to read? And I bring out his tiger. That sounded fucking sexual as hell. And what does that even mean? Was that a good thing or not and why the hell did I care?