Chapter 3

Tin liked silence, it kept him calm. But right then, he couldn't hate anything more than the sickening silence that the room was drowning in.

There he was. The person he wanted to see since day 1. He was supposed to be happy, but why did he feel like he was going to puke?

Say something, he told himself. Are you just going to stand  there like the mad man he already thinks you are? Why was Can there to begin with? He didn't want Can to see him like this. His knuckles were still bloody from the mirror, and he could only imagine what Can must be thinking.

Slowly, Can moved from his spot at the door, and Tin let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. He wanted to move away, run. Run far away, to a place where  no one would find him. His eyes follow Can, who was at his side in seconds.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Tin looked down at his lap, not wanting to look him in the eyes. He knew he would lose control if he did.

He winced when he felt a pressure at his hand, and he looked down only to find a hand he knew too well holding his own. Can was softly inspecting his wounds, an upset expression on his face.

"We need to get you to the hospital," suddenly, he stood up and grabbed Tin's other hand and pulled him up. Tin stumbled a bit in surprise and winced when the injured hand was forced to move. He still didn't trust himself, so his eyes remained on the ground where he wouldn't need to look at the boy who was dragging him out of the restroom by his hand, holding tightly, as if he didn't want to let go as much as Tin did.

This was nonsense. Can didn't know him, but a small part of him pretended that he wasn't in another timeline. That him and Can were still happily together. That his Can wasn't, in fact, gone forever.

He was a mess, and he knew it. Tin just hoped that the Can in this time didn't. He let himself be dragged out of the house into the outside, a place where for him, every noise felt like it was 10 times louder than it actually was. His heart was beating loudly in his chest when he took a glimpse on the back of Can's head, but he quickly looked away when he felt his eyes become wet.

"What did you think when you punched that mirror, really?" he heard Can say infront of him, "did you think you wouldn't get hurt? God... look at your hand, it looks like a crime scene," even from behind, Tin could still make out the sigh Can let out.

They arrived at the hospital a few minutes later.

The nurse looked at them with wide eyes when she saw them, Tin wanted to disappear completely. The white room, the smell of medicine and the mumbling of more nurses were driving him insane. He didn't want to be there. From the second he punched that mirror he wanted to stay there. Even if it was the whole day. But now he was there, in a hospital, with Can.

Can. He was never supposed to find him. Why, for gods sake, why did he never get what he wanted?!

"Oh my god, what happened?" the nurses voice sounded like crayon being dragged down a black board.

"I'm not sure. It looked like he punched a mirror."

"This will become infected if we don't do anything. This way, please," Tin, however, didn't move an inch. The blood dripping off his hand was the least thing on his mind.

Can noticed that Tin wouldn't go on his own, so he took his arm and gently dragged him to the room the nurse was pointing to. Tin didn't protest as soon as he felt the warmt of the familiar hand on his arm again.

"The doctor will be arriving soon. We'll be needing a few more informations. What's your name?" the nurse said to him. After she didn't receive an answer from the boy who was quietly staring at the ground this whole time, she turned to Can, "Is he unable to speak?"