Chapter 9

Looking around, she walked into the room and couldn't believe what she was seeing. She would never have thought that she was inside the mountain with how comfortable and warm Trill's home felt. The walls of her home looked like smooth black marble, not like the mountain's facade. Light poured out from decorative lanterns, casting a warm glow around the rooms that were visible. Two high backed armchairs and a small couch built for two were the only cushioned places to sit in the room. All three looked extremely comfortable and Cera knew if she sat in any one of them she would pass out. Cera looked around for the fire Trill had mentioned and couldn't help but stare at the huge fireplace that was big enough for her to stand in. Turning and looking at Trill she was about to speak, but Trill held up her hand.

     "Your right, there should be a fire there. No need for introductions either. I know who you are and I am sure Brae has at least mentioned me. You make yourself comfortable while Brae and I get some hot drinks together to warm you two up."

     Snapping her fingers, a fire burst to life in Trill's fireplace, spreading warmth throughout her home. Cera jumped when she heard the fire burst on the logs. Slowly, she made her way over to the fire and sat on the floor, staring into it with awe while Brae and Trill walked into another room out of her view. Trill watched Cera look around for a switch, not believing that the fire was ignited with the snap of her fingers.

     "I have to tell you Brae, she is very different from what I expected. Her mind is jumbled and guarded. She is more skeptical than I thought she would be, cautious and full of questions. She has problems trusting people and believing that good things can happen more than not. This might prove very difficult."

     "How did you know she was there? I mean, I know how you know, but how did you know the exact time? What is she doing here and how did she get here exactly?" Brae opened his mouth and immediately shut it, embarrassed at his next question but needing to ask it.

     Trill chuckled, "Oh just ask it, boy. I already know the question but just say it, you will feel so much better."

     Brae opened and then shut his mouth again, shook his head, and took a deep breath, "What is this? What I'm feeling for her? I mean...I know what it is but it's different. I've never felt this before. Why...why now? Who is she? I mean I know who she is, but who is she? I don't even know her, but I'm drawn to her. I don't want to be standing here, I want to be over there next to her, close to her." He grabbed at his chest and blurted it out, "You know she's going to be married? That shouldn't bother me, but it does. And I kissed her," Brae's closed his eyes and scrunched up his face in embarrassment, "She was passed out and I kissed her. That's not right. Who does that? Apparently I do that. What's my problem? What is this Trill? And how did I turn into my sister overnight?"

     Trill was putting glasses on a tray while listening to Brae's frustration, "Calm down my boy, you are rambling on. Have no fear, you are a far cry from Crina. One question at a time. I knew because last night all five sisters were fighting above the valley."

     Brae cut her off, "Fighting? Why?"

     "It does not happen very often, but more on that later. She is here because she is going to help you take your place in your future life sooner rather than later and I will explain that more in a bit as well. She obviously got here through the cave, and you are feeling love...at first sight, I might add. I cannot say that kissing her while she was passed out was a smart thing to do but people in love tend to do things without thinking. That is not the problem, Brae. Unless she does not feel the same and if she did not feel something then you would have gotten a very different reaction from her, possibly a harsh physical reaction if I am not mistaken." Trill smiled, "I think that you loved her the moment you saw her face in your dream. Not many people have that much luck in finding their perfect someone. You are very lucky Brae and you should not entertain any kind of worry; she will not be getting married to the other man in her world. She will see just how wrong he is for her in no time. In fact, she had begun to see it before she even crossed over to our world. No one would get that upset unless they were hearing the truth, believe me. The truth hurts, and hurting will cause one of two reactions...tears or anger, and you got the latter of the two. But just to put your mind at ease a bit, she has been questioning herself, more so since you saved her. You are unlike anyone she has ever encountered."