five

"jeongggggggguk!" seokjin's slurred voice caught jeongguk's attention immediately, and his breath filled jeongguk's nose with the stench of alcohol.

"are you already drunk?" jeongguk frowned, tossing his bookbag onto the cough as he went to help steady his friend who was stumbling towards him. "sit down. why were you drinking so early?"

seokjin's eyes narrowed and he sighed deeply. "i'm sorry."

"for what?" jeongguk slung his bookbag back over his shoulder and worked on clearing the couch.

"call your girlfriend."

jeongguk glared coldly at seokjin. "are you drunk because of something my girlfriend said?"

"no," seokjin assured him. "i'm drunk because i want to be."

jeongguk stared at him for a long, silent moment before shaking his head, going back to cleaning up the messy living room.

"you should call her, though."

"if she's breaking up with me she should do it in person," jeongguk said nonchalantly, folding a blanket.

upon seeing jeongguk's unreasonably calm demeanor, seokjin sat up and huffed. "how do you say that so casually? she's been your girlfriend for two years. you really don't care that she wants to break up with you?"

"of course i care," jeongguk suddenly glared him harshly, his eyes cold enough to scare seokjin back to a sober state. "but what could i do about it?" jeongguk's eyes lowered to the ground and he went back to cleaning again.

"i'm not going to change so that she'll stay with me. if she's found someone better for her, then i'm happy for her. still, if she wants to break up with me then she'll need to come see me face to face."

"she still loves you," seokjin mumbled, "i could tell when she came over here earlier. she asked me to pass her message on to you because she can't see you face to face. she's determined this time but she knows seeing you in person would crush her facade. she's still indecisive."

a small laugh escaped jeongguk's throat and he smiled, "she always has been. did she tell you about last night?"

"mhm," seokjin hummed. "she didn't know you were going to be there last night. she still cares a lot about you. maybe if you sang to her enough she'd stay," he laughed. jeongguk shot him a look to shut him up but didn't say anything, his mind occupied with his own thoughts.