thirteen

yoongi came out of his room, spotting jeongguk sitting on the couch eating watermelon. "did you bring someone here last night?"

jeongguk bit another piece out of the watermelon before replying, "taehyung."

yoongi instantly became interested the second he heard jeongguk's answer. "what? why? i thought the two of you weren't friends anymore."

"we're not. his bitchass friends wanted me to deal with him since he was drunk. he moved and i don't know where he lives now so i had to bring him here."

"did you two talk about stuff?"

"no, there's nothing to talk about. it's better if i just don't have to deal with him from now on," jeongguk went back to focusing on the tv and his watermelon.

yoongi spotted something on the couch beside him and threw it at jeongguk, "stop leaving your hoodies all over the house."

"i didn't," jeongguk furrowed his eyebrows and held up the hoodie, his eyes darkening instantly. "this is taehyung's."

"taehyung it's been cold out lately, where's your jacket?" a girl smiled at taehyung, batting her eyelashes at him.

taehyung smiled, covering up the anger in him. he realized where his hoodie was when he reached the campus and he was pissed at the thought of having to go to jeongguk to get it back. "it's with one of my friends."

one of the other girls by him frowned, "did you give it to your girlfriend?"

taehyung blinked at her before smiling again, "i don't have a girlfriend."

he continued to smile at the girls and answer their questions, but he was getting more annoyed every second. no, i don't have a girlfriend. no, i wouldn't date any of you. you all reek of disparity and cheap perfume.

just when taehyung felt like he was about to reach his limit of hearing their voices, a clear voice called out his name.

taehyung and the girls' attention all turned towards the boy walking towards them. "you forgot this at my house last night," he said, holding out taehyung's hoodie.

jeongguk's eyes were slightly cold when he saw taehyung, but he made sure to keep his voice normal. taehyung was surprised that jeongguk had directly walked up to him at school and he was frozen, starying at jeongguk with wide eyes.

he hated seeing jeongguk but he was currently grateful towards him for saving him from the girls.

jeongguk noticed taehyung's weird behavior and didn't wait for his reply before he walked away, leaving taehyung and all the girls surprised.

"who was that?" one of the girls asked.

"jeon jeongguk. i've went to the same high school as him and taehyung, but i never thought they knew each other."

"they're so close," one of the girls frowned. "i got jealous seeing how close jeongguk could interact with him."

taehyung's eyes widened in anger when he realized what the girl was implying. he took the opportunity to quietly slip away since the girls were busy talking about him and jeongguk.

taehyung wandered off to get away from the girls when he noticed jeongguk talking to someone in the hallway. he went up to them and feigned a smile towards them, "jeongguk can i talk to you for a second?"

jeongguk immediately saw through taehyung's act and glanced at him from the corner of his eye before following him.

taehyung led him to an empty area outside of the school, "what the hell were you doing?"

"returning your hoodie."

"you could've given it to me later."

"it's not my fault you forgot your hoodie at my house."

taehyung glared at jeongguk, "weren't you the one who said we should pretend not to know each other? now those girls think there's something going on between us."

"why?"

"you made it clear that i was at your house last night."

"and? it's not my fault if their minds were being nasty. anyways, i was just returning your hoodie. we're not friends, we're not going to continue talking after this. consider it a parting gift."

"how's it a gift if it's mine?"

"getting it back was the gift," jeongguk said before strolling away, leaving taehyung to glare at his back.

you had just gotten to school when you noticed jeongguk leaning against a wall talking to someone. you were about to ignore it and continue your way inside when the other person turned to the side, revealing his face.

your eyes widened when you realized it was taehyung. it took a moment before it sank in that taehyung and jeongguk knew each other. you soon remembered that jeongguk knew you liked taehyung and you started to worry that he told him.

just as you started to worry, jeongguk had said one last thing to taehyung before walking away. but the taehyung you saw standing there glaring at jeongguk was completely different than the one you always saw.