“No, don’t worry.  There have been a few things thrown out there but nothing to worry about.  I won’t let that happen.  You have enough support on the council that has approved the way you have lead that pack.”

We left his study heading for the kitchen where slices of key lime pie were awaiting us.  I scanned the room for Celeste only landing on my Aunt Sheila. 

“She is on the patio.” I smiled and turned heading in the direction of Celeste.

 I found her with her arms wrapped around herself staring off not looking at anything in particular.  She was breathtaking with her face tipped upward the breeze flitting through her hair.  I was glad she wore it down for a change I loved to feel the silky strands caressing my skin.  I came up behind her silently wrapping my arms around her and burying my head into her lovely locks. 

Celeste turn into me immediately winding her arms around my waist pressing her face in my chest.  God I love this woman.  I will never get enough of her.  Her mere presence and touch sent my heart racing and body craving to have her near me at all times.

“Hey are you alright?”

Celeste sighed, “I’m not sure.  It’s a lot to take in.”

“I know.  We need to start heading back.  Are you ready?”

“We’re leaving now?  I wanted to talk to Sean before we left?”

“Change of plans.  I want you all to myself back at our home. We have a wedding to plan.”

“Colin what’s wrong? Is there something else?”

“Not here, we will talk once we leave.” I felt her stiffen in my arms.  Her eyes took on the look of panic.  I bent down and lightly place a kiss on her lips.  “No worries.  Come on let’s go say our goodbyes.”

We had made it to the secured entrance waiting for our turn to leave the secluded territory, when one of the security men motion for me to get out of the car.

“Sir the council has asked that you return and go to their offices.”

I blew out a frustrated sigh.  We almost made it out. “For what reasons?  We have a plane to catch.”

“Just following orders.  Please return to your vehicle and go directly to the council office.”

“Colin what’s going on?” Celeste eyes were wide with worry.  I had to get her out of here safely.

“Not sure, I’m being summoned to speak with the council.”

“Is that normal?”

“Sometimes.” I didn’t want to make her nervous trying to keep everything light.

“Colin am I safe?”

I twisted in my seat cupping her face and place a light kiss on her lips. “Celeste I will not let anything happen to you.”

I quickly maneuvered the car heading back to the main street where the government buildings lay.  I didn’t want to alarm Celeste, but being summoned back was not a good sign.  I knew that Sean wouldn’t divulge Celeste’s secret identity so it had to be something else. 

I held onto Celeste’s hand as we entered the building where the council chambers were held.  I gave her a reassuring squeeze and smile to let her know that everything was okay.  We followed the armed security guard  to the second floor and stopped at a door down the hall.  After standing for a couple of minutes, the door was open and we enter a room that was setup like a courtroom.  The difference being instead of one judge presiding up on the alleviated bench, there were ten judges, or councilmen.