Chapter 5

They finally lowered me to the floor and dragged me into anther room. I laid on the cool tile floor lifeless. My body was covered in open bite wounds.  Well my plan worked brilliantly. Only I was not playing the helpless victim, I was one. Blood seeped through every pore of my body and I knew that the end was near. I was broken and no one was here to help fix me. Blood pool in the back of my throat and I started to suffocate.  I turned my head slightly so that blood had somewhere to go.  It dripped down the corners of my mouth warming my face.  

     My body that was numb earlier had begun to shake and coldness settled in around me. I felt myself disconnect from my body no longer able to conjure up any visual memories.  All around me was blackness. My memories, my thoughts, and my world were centered around nothing.  The darkness had me floating and I struggled to find an anchor so that i could think.

     A sweet angelic sound reached out of the darkness to pull me out. At first it was a distant humming sound but as my mind started to focus the sound grew louder. Singing. A female was singing. I must be dying if I can hear the sounds of angels singing.  They say when people die they see a bright light. However because I had been consumed by darkness, my slice of heaven was beckoning to me by the mesmerizing sounds of an angel.

     I wan't sure how much time had pass since I first heard the sounds of an angel singing. Somehow I seemed to be teetering between two worlds. One world consisted of torture and beatings and the other world contained the sounds of an angel.  I knew that everytime I heard the angel sing, I felt myself getting stronger.  My mental capabilities were sharpened and I was tuning into my surroundings again. I listen to my captors who had begun arguing over me.  One wanted to get it over with and kill me, but the other wanted to prolong my suffering. The times I was lucid enough I made certain to not swallow the pills they were forcing down my throat.  Because I remained lifeless they didn't even bother to check anymore.  They were also getting lax with giving me a regular dosage. I could feel my body trying to heal, it was slow but at least it was progress.