Chapter 63

Chapter 63

I was in the middle of class when Carson and his goons entered my room.  The moms instantly became nervous and the children remained oblivious to the anxiety we felt as the men stood in the corner of the room.  We were nearing the end of my class and as the student finished playing their recorder.  When the bell rang the children filed out of my room and the moms stayed behind cleaning up.

“Ladies, I would like a word alone with your Luna.” Carson had stepped away from their corner and I gave the moms a reassuring nod.  I wish I could communicate with them mentally but I’ve only been able to do it with Colin and only when I was in wolf form.

Carson waited until we were alone in the room before he spoke.

“I have to say that I’m surprised that you survived.” His eyes narrowed as he spoke with me.

I tried to keep calm and continue to move around the room and straighten it up from the last class. “There was a fifty/fity chance. Sorry to disappoint you.”

“I still believe that every pack should be lead by wolves, not humans. However it seems that fate is on your side.”

“It seems that way.”

“It’s impressive what your mate has created here.  He will need a strong mate to help him maintain the community here and also in Vulance.  Are you sure that you are right the person? We can be a violent bunch.  Can you say that you can protect your people as a mere human?”

He was really pissing me off! Did he think he could come in here and manipulate me to leaving Colin. Hell no!  My blood started to boil and I balled me fists in my hands.  “What are you trying to say?”

“I’m just merely pointing out that maybe you will not be able to handle your position as luna, when times get bad.”

“If times get bad, we will work it out.  You do not need to be concern.”

“Oh but I am concern. Colin has strong ties to the council and I want to make sure his bloodline stays strong.  So before you to start spurting out pups, I thought we could have a frank conversation.”

“Really and that would be letting you talk me into leaving Colin? Well there is no way that is going to happen!” My body started to shake at the sheer disrespect this man was spewing at me.  No one was going to take me away from Colin. I don’t care who the hell they were or what position they were in.  The council be damned!

The door flew opened and Vicki along with the moms that were in my room earlier burst the room. “Councilman Carson, it’s so nice to meet you.  I’m Vicki Risen, beta and principal of the school. I see you are here to take a look around the school, please allow me to show you around.  Celeste is needed to help with tonight’s performance; the children are excited to perform for you tonight.”

I didn’t get to hear Carson response, because the moms ushered me quickly out of the school and towards the theater.  However we didn’t make it before I felt my bones crack and I fell to the ground and in a matter of minutes I had shifted into my black wolf.  This time the change didn’t hurt as much but I think anger had clouded my brain that downgraded the pain. 

I was immediately surrounded by other wolves and they corralled me to the woods where I could blow off steam.  I bolted through the woods with several wolves following me and allowing me the freedom my wolf needed to run. Before long Colin’s wolf joined me and the others backed off  giving us space as ran further away from the main buildings. 

“Celeste what the hell happened.”

“Carson is what happened.  He wants me to leave you.  He thinks I will make you weak.  Make this pack weak.”