Chapter 24

Colin held out his hand waiting for acceptance. "Holding hands is not crossing the friendship line."

"I guess not. Soooo friend what should we do?" I put my hand into his loving the warmth that generated from skin to skin contact.

"Glad you asked friend. We are meeting up with Vickie and Dylan at the bowling alley." He lead me away from the maze towards the recreation building.

"Bowling?"

"Yes, you have played before?" Colin's tone was a little patronizing and the grin on his face confirmed. Oh so he thinks I might not be able to play.

I will play along. "Here and there."

"Well we will take it easy on you." Really he wasn't even going to be on my team?

"We?"

"Guys versus the girls of course." Why that little chauvinistic pig. He wants to gang up on the women.

We entered the bowling alley and found that it was packed. We got our bowling shoes and walked over to Dylan and Vickie. They had already got us a lane and were putting our names on the board. Colin went over to Dylan patting him on the back and whispered something in his ear.

"It's nice seeing you two together." I sat by Vickie.

"We decided to be friends. Can you play?"

"Yeah, you'll find that alot of us can play because this is one of the favorite pastime here. Can you play?"

"Yes, but Colin doesn't know that. Can you believe that he wants to play guys versus girls?"

"Then we should make it interesting."

"What do you have in mind?"

Vickie looked over to the guys. "Hey Dylan baby, can you guys go find Celeste a size 10 ball. She's really rusty so we need to take it easy on her."

"Of course sweetheart." Dylan and Colin walked off to the rack at the other side of the building.

"We got to make this quick, here's the plan."

A hour later Dylan was up to bowl when he missed one pin. A flurry of curse words flew out of his mouth as he stormed to his seat sitting next to a brooding Colin. It took everything I had not to laugh at the two grown men sulking and whining like babies. We were in the 10th frame and Dylan was their last chance to beat us. I was up next and if I bowled a strike the game was over and we would be the winners.

"Awww, baby you were so close. To bad you needed that strike. Ok Celeste you are up. Now remember boys, if we win you will have to be our slaves for a week."

"Yeah, Vickie! Celeste has to get a strike first!" Colin grumbled. I picked up my ball and line myself up at the line.

"Thanks for the encouragement, friend!"

"Bowl the goddamn ball!" Dylan getting a few looks from the nearby parents.

"Language sweetie!" Vickie cooed.

I blocked everyone out and I concentrated on the arrows on the floor. In my college bowling class, they taught us how to use the arrows to line the ball up for the perfect strike. I took a deep breath and took a couple of paces forward swinging my arm back to the front then release the ball. I stood paralyzed to the spot and watched as my ball rolled ever so slowly down the lane. It hit the front pin at the precise point making the other pins fly into one another for a strike. I screamed jumping up and down with exhilaration at my accomplishment. Vickie attacked me and we started jumping up and down together in little circles with our arms around each other.