Chapter 15

I settled down in front of the piano to practice a couple of songs I learned yesterday, before the kids came here after school.  Loosing myself in the melodies calmed my mind and gave me the courage I was going to need to face Colin later. I moved on to more complicated music playing one of my favorites, Lacrimosa by Mozart. It was the one song that I refused to play again.  It was the last song I played before my life changed forever.

I hit the first notes starting off slow closing my eyes through the movement.  My body begins to sway and everything around me disappear.  The only thing that exist at this moment are the sounds that come from the one thing that is always a constant in my life.  I never have to worry about it leaving me.  It will always be here for me no matter what.  Right now I feel like I'm teetering back and forth not sure where I will end. But here playing the piano, I always know where I am. Right now it was my refuge out the storm. I know I have been running from it for a year now, but at this time I have nothing. The piano is my life line.  I could no longer place the blame on it.  It was not the reason that my parents were dead. It was mine. I killed my parents.

À/N

Lacrimosa is attached. I loved that song. Don't forget to vote!