Chapter 21

I watched as Celeste bolted out of the door. I meant what I said, she will be mine. I needed to find out what she is running from first.

"Damn man I'm sorry I interrupted but it was urgent." Dylan shut the door.

"No apologies Dylan, wassup?"

"There's been another breach."

"Where?"

"Near the border passed the falls."

"Well we need to double our security around the property. Whoever it is they are trying to find our weak points. Any leads on who it might be?"

"That's the worse part. Tyler caught on the scent. He lost it but it came from Vulance. I thought you might want to check it out."

"Those bastards held me captive, tortured me, and now they are crossing into my lands! This will stop! What the hell are they looking for?"

"I don't know, but we need to figure it out fast."

"It makes no sense. I still don't know why they captured me. The leader kept talking in riddles like I should know why I was being punished."

"The alpha in Vulance still denying involvement?"

"Yeah, talked to him this morning. He assures me that it was a small group of guys responsible for kidnapping me and that he took care of them."

"Do you believe him?"

"I believe he doesn't want to start a war between our packs. But if Tyler did catch a scent from one of his pack member, a war is what he is going to get."

"We'll figure it out. Changing subjects I sent Vicki after Celeste. Maybe she can help."

"Do you think she was right at dinner? That I should tell Celeste the truth?"

"Hell no! I think your plan is better. Make her fall in love with you first then tell her. Human mates are rare and more difficult to manage. You know with accepting the werewolf."

"You're right, I will stick to my plan. I can't lose her. She is running from something. I want a full security background check to see what it is. I want to know everything from where she was born, what high school she attended, how many boyfriends she had!"

"I will get the team on it in the morning."

"Thanks Dylan. Let's go. I wanna see if I recognize the scent."