Final Goodbyes...

Start from the beginning

Euca was last to hug me, her arms wrapped around my neck tightly. Her body was tense as I held her, she was trying desperately to hold herself together. I didn't want to let go, I was scared to let go.

"Be safe and don't do anything stupid... I'll hunt you down..." She muttered.

I gave an airy chuckle," Is that a promise?"

She sniffled slightly and tightened her grip, starting to tremble slightly from the burden.

"Don't cry... You'll make me cry..." I scoffed, beginning to tear up myself.

Her arms loosened and she sniffled," Ok, you should get going."

"Yeah..." I breathed and let her go.

"Archer!" A man yelled from the gate.

I cringed and glanced back at my father," Dad..."

The girls exchanged a look and the saddened atmosphere was changed instantly at my words.

A grin was on his face, my older brother and my new mother coming out of the gate.

"There's my boy!" He shouted and walked forward

Sighing deeply I nodded to Jayden who made his way over to the gate. I turned to Euca one last time and took a small box out of my pocket," Here..."

She took it gently and gave me a confused look," What...?"

"Don't open it until you get to the car." I smiled soft and cupped her cheek, tilting her chin up slightly," I'll see you soon love."

Again she tensed up and let out a shaky breath before nodding in the palm of my hand.

I smiled weakly and kissed her forehead," Bye for now..."

"Yeah... bye for now..." she breathed.

I pulled away from her reluctantly and nodded as I walked away.

"Archer," My father chuckled and slapped me on my back.

I didn't look at him," Let's just go..."

.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.

I sighed as I walked away, my heart throbbing in my chest as we left them behind. I knew this day was eventually going to come... but... I never thought it would be so soon... Jayden and Archer had been with us for so long it was weird having them gone now. They were no longer by our side and we didn't exactly know how to go forward with this. 

Archer was always the one handling our sound, which means we have to hire someone new to come and do that for us. A complete stranger... Jayden always handled our cameras and videos, and now the same thing is going to happen. We have to add two complete strangers to this mix and we don't want to replace them. 

You can't simply replace two people that were there when you were crying in the middle of the night, two people who were there to make sure you were ok if you got hurt, two people who were no longer friends but rather a part of the family. You just can't do something like that so quickly, yet we knew very well that is exactly what we were going to have to do. There is no time period for waiting until we get over this abandoned feeling, that is no longer a choice we have...

We all climbed into the car and sat silently, many of my youngers still sniffling and rubbing the tears from their eyes.

I sighed and pulled the box that Archer had given me out of my pocket, opening it carefully. My heart dropped. It was a genuine Indicolite crystal safely encircled in a silver wrapping and a pure silver chain. My breathing grew jagged as I took it from the box, a small silver plate hung next to the crystal. Trying desperately to steady my breathing, I turned the plate over and I broke... Tears welled up in my eyes and I could do nothing to stop them from falling. Encrusted onto the plate was the words:

"Forever together, never truly apart."- Archer.

I swallowed hard and jumped out of the car before it had a chance to start moving. My youngers calling after me, not knowing what was happening. I had to see him... I just had to...

Tearing through crowds of people, I wove my way through multiple lines and gates until I got to his. Still talking to his family thankfully.

"Archer!" I shouted, my voice cracking violently.

He turned around and smiled faintly.

His mother tugged on his arm, indicating she wanted him to board,

I couldn't care less, I rushed over to him.

Dropping his bag and tearing from his mother's hand he grabbed my and held me.

Tears were escaping quickly from my eyes as I buried my face into his shoulder, trembling slightly.

His arms wrapped firmly around my waist," Always..." He whispered.

"Always..." I choked and cried softly into his shirt.

His arms coiled up to hug me closer to him," I..." He swallowed hard," I... I'll see you soon love... I... I promise..."

Nodding, and reluctantly pulling from his shoulder and rubbed my eyes harshly as I attempted to make the tears stop falling.

His hand carefully brushing the stray tears away and grabbing the pendant from my clasped hand," No matter what, the Night Wings will always be united." He whispered as he placed the necklace on me," And I will always be with you."

I sniffled and nodded.

"I promise."

"Come on mate, it's time to go..." Jayden whispered.

Archer glanced at him and nodded," Alright, I'll be right there."

"This... This isn't the end?" I muttered.

Archer shook his head and placed his forehead against mine," This isn't even the beginning..."