CHAPTER 28: Now I Feel Like She Did

KOLSEN

I had no idea in what just happened. Why did she freak out and why the hell did she just say what she did to me? I mean, I am upset but since there's nothing we could do as far as remove that ability from Noah, she needs to see that we can help him with this ability. 

So after talking a little more with the doctor and before saying 'goodnight' to everyone, I had my parents assure me that Alise was going to come around and that she's just being a mother and that she'll get used to it. So I started to head upstairs to her and when I got into the bedroom, I quietly closed the door behind me as she was laying on her side and seemed to be asleep. 

I then quietly got into my sweatpants and then climbed into bed not knowing if I should hold her or if she'd just push me away. Maybe I should leave. 

"I'm sorry." I hear her start to say. 

"It's fine. Just go to sleep. We'll talk more tomorrow." I tell her before leaning over and kissing her on the cheek while wrapping my arm around her waist and spooning. 

"i didn't mean what I told you. I don't even know why I said what I did. You've been great. In fact, better than great. I know that I chose this life and I just....I just didn't mean what I said." She cries a little more and rolls over to look at me. 

"It's okay Alise. Baby, I understand. I mean, I was a little upset at some of the things you said down there but I understand this all takes getting used to. This whole life and especially knowing that our son isn't like any other human baby. I love you and want you to know that we will get through this and help Noah." I tell her. 

She nods her head and we give each other another kiss goodnight before we fall asleep in each other's arms. 

When the next day rolls around, we both make a promise to each other that we are starting anew today and taking the information about Noah and finding out more information in how it works and how to handle it. 

Thankfully, my mother has a lot of knowledge about certain things such as these as she has always been fascinated with the many different abilities each mythical creature can hold. In particular, hybrids and she sits with us at the table as Alise is feeding Noah. 

"So apparently, when I looked up information about the many different abilities many hybrids have had since the beginning of Hybrids ever existed. This ability in particular, can actually come in handy in a fight." She states. 

Both Alise and I look at each other and then Alise looks at Noah who is looking at her in admiration as she gives him another spoonful of food. 

"Mom, I know this is gonna sound crazy but, do you think that he could possibly ever get mad at us and...." I hesitate to say. 

"Don't worry. You both are his parents and even though he might get upset with you guys, he will always be able to tell that you're his parents and because he loves you both unconditionally, that's how he won't do anything." She tells us both reassuringly with her smile. 

Then she turns her attention to Noah and starts making cute little funny voices and making Noah laugh in his cute baby laughter. I do trust my mom and believe what she is saying. Now I'm starting to feel though what Alise was talking about. He will be a bigger target than he already will be. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)