CHAPTER 26: What's Wrong With Our Son?!?

KOLSEN

What in the hell just happened? One minute we have the rogue down on the ground struggling to hold him down and the next, he's crying like a bitch? And just by looking at my son?

The man then begins yelling loudly in excruciating pain while holding his chest and we all get up real fast watching him beg for it to stop. I look at Noah and see his eyes are blood red as he looks at him.

I then run up to him and gently caress the top of his head.

"Noah, stop. Stop it!" I tell him and he closes his eyes then looks at me and starts to cry.

I look at Alise as she does with me and we both are confused at what is going on.

"What's going on?" Alise starts to cry.

I turn and everybody looks at us surprised and then I look at the guy who seems to have passed out from the pain. From there I have the guys take him inside and down into the basement where we will deal with him later, but first, I need to know what the hell my son did just now.

Alise and I along with everybody else start to head back inside the house and we all head into the living room as Alise stands and rocks him back to sleep.

"My god son, did you have any idea where he could have gotten this ability?" My father asks.

"No. I was about to ask you the same thing. What exactly does he have?" I asked.

"I have already mind linked the pack doctor and he'll be here in a while. He has to have some answers for us." He begins to explain.

I just nod my head and Alise excuses herself to take Noah up to his bedroom.

"I'll be right back, I just need to place him down and then I'll be back." She says still in shock from what all happened with glass in her hair and fighting back tears. I start following after her.

When I walk into the bedroom and see her gently lay him down into his crib, I hear her quietly sniffle.

"I love you my baby boy. I will never let anything happen to you. I'm so sorry." She says as she covers her mouth and silently begins to cry.

I knew exactly what she meant when she told him she was sorry. She meant once again, sorry he had this type of life.

"I don't regret anything still." She says quietly before turning around.

"I know. It's just I do feel bad." I shrug.

"Don't. I made the choice to stay." She tells me as she starts walking out the room as do I, closing the door behind us before going into our bedroom.

"Alise, I..." I started but she stopped me by wrapping her arms over my shoulders and looking me in the eyes with a smile.

"Listen to me, I love you. I will never stop or regret ever being with you and having an amazingly strong and gifted son. I just felt bad tonight because, I couldn't protect him enough." I start to say.

"Baby you did great. You have the whole backseat window in your hair and all over you, not to mention after being dragged out, you never stopped fighting or lost eye contact with Noah. That's bad ass." I try to reassure her.

She begins to laugh a little bit as do I.

"We both were I guess." She smiles.

"We make a great team." I smile while brushing a few strands of hair from her face.

"We should get cleaned up." She mentions.

"Yeah. I guess we should." I lean in and give her a kiss before we go into the bathroom and help each other get cleaned up.

After we were finished, we headed downstairs holding one another's hands and saw the pack doctor already there and when spotting her and I, made everyone else turn to look at us also.

"How is Noah?" The doctor asks.

"He's fine. He's asleep right now." I tell him.

"Good. He'll be asleep for a while." He says.

"What exactly is going on with our son?" I asked him.

"You better sit down for this sweetie." My mom tells me.

So we all sit there in the living room and the doctor gets ready to explain.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

Again, sorry for the late post and that I didn't yesterday, been finishing up the book to send off to publishing by the end of this week hopefully and finished yesterday. When it's out for sale I will let u all know and will be working on the next book to publish. :)