22

"Clay Labrant, order 232," the cashier yells and I notice Clay looking over at me and Lucas.
"Why is it every time we go on a date, that he's here?" Lucas asks with an annoyed tone.
At this moment, Lucas and I are sitting in Popeyes Chicken (a/n: do they even have that out of Louisiana ?!?!) and Clay just all of a sudden shows up.
"It's okay babe," I sigh and grab his hand from over the table.
"Oh, hey, " Clay walks over here and scoots Lucas over and sits in front of me.
"Soo, how are you guys," Clay says sarcastically and rips a piece of crust off of the chicken.
"We were having a wonderful date until a certain vampire showed up ," Lucas basically snarls at him.
"Hype down, Wolf, I just came to see how you were and maybe eat some chicken," he smiles deviously and shoves a piece in his mouth.
"Lucas, do you just wanna take this home and watch a movie or something?" I ask and
ignore Clay.
"I'd love that!" Clay exclaims and boxes his chicken.
"Last time I checked, she asked her boyfriend not her stalker," Lucas puts emphasis on the word, boyfriend.
"Oh, y'all are official now?" he looks down and his shoe demeanor changes. He walks away and part of me wants him to stay and the other part wants to punch him in the face. Such mixed feelings.
"Since he's gone, do you wanna stay here?" Lucas asks and bites his lip.
I nod my head and finish off my chicken and so does Lucas. For some reason, there's an awkward tension.
------
"Adalyn, I'm sorry," Lucas apologizes as we walk up to my door.
"It's okay," I nod my head and dodge his kiss. Why did I dodge it? I don't know.
"Baby, are you okay?" he asks.
"I'm just thinking," I sigh and shove my hands in my back pockets.
"You can always talk to me," he sighs and kisses my cheek.
"I love you Adalyn, don't forget that," he says and walks away.
I walk into the house and run up to my room. What just happened? I don't love Lucas. Do I even have feelings for him? Am I just leading him on? I fall on my bed and one person comes to mind. Clay Ryan LaBrant.
With him on my mind, my phone buzzes with an Instagram notification.
@ClayRyan1314 has followed you !
I unlock my phone and follow him back. I begin to scroll through his pictures and I see him with another girl. Her name is Tori. She's pretty and lucky. Was he saying that stuff to lead me on? My heart feels like it just shattered into a million pieces. This is why I have Lucas, for comfort. Not just that, though. He's a great guy and you don't find many guys like him. Good looking and caring.
I wonder why he hasn't gone out with Victoria. She's pretty. Maybe they have and decided to stay friends. I don't know. 
I feel bad for bowing him off and not kissing him back. With that thought, I grab my skateboard and begin to skate to his house.
When I get there , his mom greets me.
"Lucas is up in his room, you can just go up there," she says and smiles.
"Thank you," I smile and wave.
I walk up to Lucas' room and stop in my tracks when I see what's happening.
"Lucas? Victoria?"

----
a/N haaay guys ! long time no authors note ! haha. Well Watcha think so far ? I've been updating regularly and I like this story so far lol.  sorry for short chapters, but with short chapters, you get more updates 
pic of Clay and Tori is attached '