14

This is all too much to deal with at one time. Lucas, Clay,mom,dad, and everybody else that has pulled me into the state I am right now.

Sure, I learned things about my mom, but I feel like I wasn't ready. Yet, I persisted in her telling me. I wish I didn't.

Sometimes the greatest things are the ones left alone. Sort of like a flower growing in a meadow. If you pick it, it dies.

That's how I feel during this exact moment. They've plucked me from my home in Louisiana and put a bunch of burdens on me about my past life and new life.

I won't die, but it feels like I'm suffocating. Suffocating in this new place. I've tried to make friends but instead, I've made drama, which is the opposite of what I wanted to do. But, you can't always do what you want. 

  I sigh and sit on the edge of my bed. Why were those two fighting? Why did my birthday have to turn into such a... catastrophe. It's driving me crazy because they can see that I have gone through a lot in a matter of weeks and they still do stuff to drive my nerves. Maybe I'm just in a mood. Well, I've been in a mood since I met Clay. Everything got worse when I kissed him and when I agreed to go out with Lucas. 

     Drama seems to like me. I need some drama repellent. Or to stay away from everybody for a couple days and let things die down. I wish I started during the school year, but at the same time, I'm not. Summer is lonely without real friends, but finding friends in the middle of the year is hard. Everything is hard for me. 

   You might as well call me a puzzle, cause that's what I am right now, puzzled. 

  "Adalyn, I'm sorry for fighting with Laci," Macey walks in and sighs. Without thinking I scream at her to get out and go away. What just got into me? I'm never usually one to scream or yell, or be violent at that matter. 

    I just wish everybody would leave me alone right now. I get up from my bed and walk to the kitchen without going talking to anybody. I grab a pint of cookies 'n cream ice cream and a spoon. I swiftly walk up to my room and lock myself in. 

   Ice cream, music, and a book is what I need right now. Seeing as I'm not fully unpacked, I rummage through a box of books and settle on Eleanor & Park. Fianlly some peace since I've been here. 

    ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

I wake up to a loud banging and realize that I had fallen asleep while reading. An empty pint of ice cream sits on my bedside table and my book lies on the floor. I unlock my door and walk down the stairs, where I see pans and pots on the kitchen floor.

I thow my container in the garbage, and walk back upstairs. I don't really care. I'm not in a caring mood. Macey and Laci try to talk to me, and the others are asleep. It's around nine at night. 

  I walk to the fridge and squat down to get the left overs from tonight. I'm still hungry. Sorry, not sorry. I sit down at the table while I wait for my food to heat up and I ponder my thoughts, which I've been doing a lot lately. I just want to go away.