Chapter 8

Matthew POV

The day was perfect. I got to know her and she got to know me. I really am starting to like this girl.

I woke up and got dressed. I drove to my company and went to my office. I was doing my work when, "MATT!! Hey buddy!!"

It was my best friend Calab.

"Calab! How's it going?" I stood up and walked towards him.

"Good dude so how was last night?" He smirked. I knew exactly what he was talking about. But just to bug him I pretended not to know.

"What are you talking about?" I chuckled.

"Oh come on the girl how was she?"

"Oh yes that girl, we what can I say? Absolutely amazing!" I said with a hint of sarcasm. The girl he was talking about was the chick he hooked me up with. And the chick that I did not want.

"REALLY!?!"

Before I could end this charade, I heard a vase drop and shatter. When I looked to see who it was, it was Ella. I walked over to her and asked her, "Hey,"I smiled at her, "how much of that did you hear?" I was hoping for a 'what are you talking about' answer from her but judging by the cold look in her eyes I knew that something was up.

"Enough to know the kind of stupid asshole you are." I reached out and took one of her hands in mine.

"DON'T TOUCH ME! I came here to give you the papers for our merger. Wait, is that why you were so friendly with me, all so you can have these papers?"

"N-no Ella it's not like that."

"Oh and I suppose you thought that just because I told you my life story I would sleep it off with you and you would manipulate me into giving them to you." She was now tearing up.

"I cannot believe that I could be so foolish into trusting someone, even after what I've been through. But you know what you can have these." she grabbed my hand and put it out and slammed the papers in my hand.

"Take these and do what ever you want. I'm passing the merger. You will now be dealing with my right hand man Carl. Not. Me. And if you think that I am going to sit at home and cry over you. Think again. Have a nice life. Mr. Hazner." She stormed out of the office and I felt like I had been shot 100 times. I can't believe I did that. I can't believe that I am now on the list of things that made her sad in life.

Narrator's POV

Soon months had gone by. Matthew and Ella would only see each other at social events and around the company's if either of them would have work to do.

Ella had been under the support of her friends. She told them everything that happened between herself and Matthew. She decided to call Cheryl and ask if she could bring Tanya, Blake and Michael and his girlfriend with her. She was happy and said she would be happy to meet Ella's friends.

It was now the month of August and well Matthew and Ella were now just strictly business partners. Though Matthew didn't spare a chance explaining himself whenever they were together.

Ella was in her room packing last minute essentials in her bag. She was also on the phone confirming her flight details. She was taking her private jet.

After getting everything she needed, and called the bellhop up. He grabbed her stuff and started heading down. She was in front of the door and saw many paparazzi standing outside. She put on her sunglasses and walked out. Her car was loaded and ready to go. She walked out and got into the car. The car then drove to the airport.