21; black scrunchie

Start from the beginning

He was already dressed in his blue silk pajamas. Joseph sleeps in the basement of our house. It may sound cruel to let our assistant sleep in the basement, but the basement is the equal size of our entire first floor. Imagine it as a bedroom. It is huge.

"Goodnight Joseph," I said to him and made my way to my bedroom.

When I got into my bedroom, I dropped face first into my pillows.

"I can't! I can't! I can't!" I screamed into the decorative pillow.

"I can't have feelings for him," I groaned quietly and looked up at the ceiling.

I took a deep breath and grabbed my phone.

Impulsively, I typed in Dylan's name into my text messages and started a chat.

Dylan

01:32AM

Juniper

dylan

Dylan

Hey, what's up?

Juniper

I miss you.

Read 01:33 AM

I clenched my teeth tightly and toss my phone onto the bed. I combed my hand through my hair and started to overthink the situation. Why did I text Dylan? Do my feelings remain the same towards Dylan?

I don't know.

Just then, my phone dinged.

I snatched the phone and looked at my messages.

Message from Ryan.

I bit my lower lip as a smile crept up onto them. I stopped myself from smiling and mentally told myself to get over it.

I swiped open the text message.

Ryan

01:39 AM

Ryan

hey

you left your scrunchie in my car

i came back, you should grab it

He told me to come back to grab a scrunchie. I scoffed and shook my head in disbelief with a smile. He's such a child.

Juniper

omw

Ryan

hurry

it's cold

Juniper

Just come inside, I'll open the gates

Ryan

okkkkk

I switched to an app that opens the front gate. I peeked out of my bedroom window that had the full view of the front driveway. I saw Ryan jogging towards the front door.

I slipped on my house slippers and made my way down the stairs and towards the front door. Just in time, I opened the door to Ryan about to knock on it.

He smiles sheepishly and holds out the black scrunchie that I have forgotten in his car.

"Here you go," he says, like a child.