Chapter 48: Mission Butterfly

'Don't be nervous and grab my hand'

Third Person POV

(WARNING: May be offensive/upsetting to certain audiences. Read at own risk)

The weeks passed on slowly, each bringing new methods of Taemin trying to get inside Jimin's head. The way he would act like a gentleman, touch him every so often by 'accident', and say things to try and doubt his relationship with Yoongi. But Jimin had figured out how to block all of that out.

Jimin's relationship with Yoongi had never been stronger. There was no longer any doubt between them and in evenings, no clothes. Their chemistry had truly evolved into a stable partnership, at least as stable as it could be in the type of world they lived in. Each time Jimin returned from his day with Taemin, no words would be said about the events. Jimin only ever told Yoongi anything if he found that it would be beneficial for him and the business.

Their trust and bond had blossomed and Taemin couldn't do anything to break it. At least, that's how it seemed. But fate had different plans.

For the last couple of weeks, Taemin had shown a more desperate side, taking Jimin to some of the most public places, spending all his time with him to try and prove that he was who he should be with. But all of those efforts had been in vain since Jimin wore a blank expression the whole day, responding as little as he possibly could. However, something did slip under Jimin's defence.

"Did you ever find out about mission butterfly?"

Jimin stood still, his eyes blankly gazing at one of the expensive handbags on the self in the designer store they were currently in. His mind instantly travelled back to the previous week, when Taemin had once again asked this question, and Jimin had set out for an answer. However, the result was not what he had wanted.

Flashback

Jimin laid on the bed, his head resting on Yoongi's chest as he snuggled closer to him, their naked bodies entangled together. Silence had taken over the room, causing Yoongi to have suspicions to what was on his lover's mind.

"Jimin..."

Jimin didn't respond, his eyes continuing to stare blankly across the room.

"Jimin."

Hearing Yoongi this time, Jimin looked up to see Yoongi's concerned face looking at him. Jimin forced a smile as Yoongi's index finger slowly lifted Jimin's chin so that he could see him properly.

"Did I hurt you?"

Jimin's eyes widened in surprise.

"No, no. Of course not. I'm fine."

Yoongi raised an eyebrow, not quite believing the 'I'm fine' that he stuck at the end of the sentence.

"You sure? You seem to have something on your mind."

Knowing lying wouldn't help, Jimin let out a sigh.

"It's just something Taemin said today..."

"Tell me, Mochi."

Jimin smiled slightly at his nickname before returning to his serious mood.

"He said...something about mission butterfly."

Yoongi visibly tensed at those words.

"He'd mentioned it before but I had never heard you say anything about it before. What is it?"

Yoongi's eyes avoided Jimin's and his posture became guarded.

"Perhaps you haven't heard me mention it because it should be forgotten? So just leave it."