Jealous Much (Part four)

Alrighty here's the next part! I already have part five written, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow to publish it. I hope you all like this. If not...*shrugs* oh well.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

*Three weeks Later*

  Peter adjusts his backpack on his shoulder as he walks through the halls. Harley had wandered off when they first walked into school to find Flash. Peter shudders at the thought. He didn’t want to take this friendship from Harley, so Peter had tried to stay away from the both of them. At least when they were together.

Harley had no idea Flash was Peter’s bully.

Flash had no idea Harley was Peter’s brother. 

And Peter wanted to keep it that way. Harley had questioned Peter to death every time Peter showed up with a black eye or a busted lip, but Peter never spoke up. As much as Peter disliked Flash, Harley seemed to think he was cool and Peter didn’t want to ruin that. Today was one of those days, and Harley was talking non-stop about his friend and what a great person he was. 

“So Flash is throwing a Party Saturday…” Harley spoke up. They were all at the table eating dinner. Most of the team was on a mission, so Tonight it was Tony, Pepper, Peter, and Harley. 

“What about it?” Pepper asks.

“Well he invited me, and I was wondering if I could go.” Peter just sat there in silence. Of course Peter hadn’t been invited, not that he minded. It meant he could spend more time in the lab with his dad.

The only problem was, Peter never saw Harley anymore. He usually had plans afterschool and had canceled more lab sessions then Peter would’ve liked. 

“Wait, this Saturday?” Peter asks when he realizes.

“Yeah this Saturday.” Harley replies, completely indifferent. 

“You promised we’d finish building my replica of R2D2 for the science fair this Saturday.” Peter quietly reminds him, both hope and sadness in his voice. Either Harley had forgotten or had decided to cancel the plans.

“I know.” Harley replies hesitantly. So he hadn’t forgotten. “But I was thinking we could push that to next Saturday.” Peter doesn’t reply immediately. He considers reminding Harley that the Science fair is on Monday, and that he was counting on Harley’s help to get it done in time. 

“I guess that’s fine…” Peter finally responds, trying to keep any emotion from his voice. He turns to Pepper.

“Mom, can I be excused?”

Pepper looks at Peter’s plate, which had barely been touched. Pepper, Natasha, and Tony all knew something was wrong. They’d noticed it over the past three weeks, but had decided that Peter would tell them when he was ready.

“Yeah go ahead Peter.” Pepper replies. He mumbles a quiet thank you before standing to his feet and retreating to the lab. The rest of the family sits in awkward silence until the other teen speaks up.

“So about the party…” Harley mentions again.

“You can’t go.” Tony says, not hesitating. 

“What?! Why not?!” 

“You promised Peter you’d help him with his project.” Pepper replies, an authoratative tone in her voice. 

“But-”

“A promise is a promise Harley.” Tony adds. “Tell your friend you can’t go. And go apologize to Peter for trying to cancel the plans.”