I Just Realized... (Part 2)

(You might wanna go back and read part one as a recap.)

Okay so this one was requested a little while ago and I finally managed to write something!! It's probably not that good but here it is anyway:

Requested by: AmbiBambi784

(P.S.- If you find a mistake comment and let me know so I can fix it. Thanks.)

***************************

Peter slings his backpack over his shoulder before walking toward the elevator.

Two weeks after the shooting incident, Peter was finally going back to school. Tony had demanded that the kid stay home to make sure he was okay. Peter hadn’t left the tower in those two weeks, and he couldn’t wait. He’s almost reached freedom when he hears his Aunt May call from the kitchen.

“Peter! Where do you think you’re going?”

“I’m going to school Aunt May.”

“Not without eating breakfast you’re not. Get in here.” Peter sighs before dropping his backpack on the floor next to the elevator and walking toward the kitchen. When he gets there he finds his Aunt sitting at the table drinking coffee while Pepper is making breakfast.

“Good morning Pepper.” Peter says as he takes his seat. A second later Pepper places a plate of blueberry pancakes in front of him. He gives her a thank you before digging in, and the meal is
gone in only a few minutes.

“Can I go now?” Peter asks when he’s finished.

“Yeah you can go. Remember you have to come straight home after school today. No patrol” May says sternly.

“But-”

“No buts. Tony said no patrol so that means no patrol. You’re still recovering. We’re gonna take this one step at a time.”

“I thought you usually disagreed with Tony?” Pepper asks her.

“No offence to your fiance, but usually he’s wrong. Except for when it comes to Peter.” May replies, taking another sip of her coffee. Pepper gives a small laugh in reply.

“You’re right May. As usual.” Pepper says. Peter just rolls his eyes and with a final ‘I love you’ to the both of them he’s on his way to school…

--------------

“Ned!” MJ shouts to the teen. Ned turns on his heel, nearly dropping the banner he had been holding. “Is everything ready?”

“Should be. Principle Morita should be calling everyone down soon enough and then all that’s left is Peter.”

“Did you remember to get the balloons set up?”

“Yes.”

“And the cake?”

“It was delivered about ten minutes ago MJ.” MJ runs a hand through her hair, trying to calm her nerves. They had been planning this for the past two weeks. With the help of the staff and Principle Morita himself, they had managed to set up a surprise for Peter.

The entire school would be attending a dance in honor of their hero. Peter Parker had saved lives that day, and they wanted to honor him and show their thanks. What was somewhat shocking was that Flash had managed to swallow his pride and pitch in. In fact, his family had payed for the whole thing. Food, decorations, DJ, and everything else.

Peter’s family had known about it, and they were due to arrive any minute. Pepper and May had stayed behind for a bit to delay Peter’s trip to the school. MJ is going through the checklist one more time as Ned and Flash
finish setting up the decorations when they hear the gym doors open.