Science!!!

I'd like to start this chapter by (once again) expressing how terribly sorry I am for not updating. I'm working on requests at the moment, so please be patient.

Anyway, continue reading.

(Multiple updates, go back to Apologies: A Film by Peter Parker)

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Bruce Banner was never easily surprised by anything, and with his intelligence, it was rare that the hero was left confused. But when he walked into the lab of the one and only Tony Stark, for once in his life, he had no idea what was going on or what to do.

It had started with him sitting in the common room reading a new book about quantum physics. One minute he was sitting there, a calm and peaceful feeling filling the room. And then-

BOOM!!

The scientist nearly fell from his seat, his heart racing.

"FRIDAY?"

"Yes Dr. Banner?"

"What just happened?"

"It appears theres been a mild explosion in one of the labs-" Bruce didn't need to hear anymore before he rushed to Tony's lab. Usually he wouldn't be so worried, seeing as Tony could take care of himself. Bruce knew that Pepper would deal with her husband. What had Bruce worried was the Spider-kid that was spending the weekend with Tony...in that very lab.

So now here he was, standing in the doorway of Stark's workshop.

The room was covered in smoke from the recent explosion, a mess on the table in the middle of the room. It was difficult, but Bruce could make out the voices above the emergency sirens.

"Mister Stark?" A small voice rings out. "I don't think that was supposed to happen."

"Yeah. I don't think it was either-

"Tony?!" Bruce yells, trying to be heard over the noise. Both the billionaire and the teen turn to the scientist. "What just happened?!"

Tony's reply was simple.

"SCIENCE!!"

______

A few days after that Rhodes, Tony, and Pepper were all sitting in the common room watching a movie. About halfway through the film the screen froze, a small glitch in the system. Instead of standing up to fix it, or getting FRIDAY to do something about it, the billionaire takes off his shoe before throwing it at the TV screen. (Cinder anyone? No? Okay then...).

The shoe bounces off the screen, not leaving so much as a scratch. Not only that, but the movie starts playing again, right where it left off. Rhodes just looks at his best friend, a confused look on his face.

"How!?" And of course, Tony's reply:

"SCIENCE!!"

________

The third time something similar happened, Tony had walked into the kitchen late on night to find Ms. Danvers sitting at the table, deep in thought.

She didn't notice the billionaire's presence until she heard the sound of Coffee being made. She looks over just in time to see Stark beginning to leave the kitchen, the coffee pot in his hand.

"Stark, it's 2:00 AM. Why?"

"S C I E N C E ! !"

___________

Just about everyone had heard this at some point. Tony's answer for everything...science. Simple as that. They'd gotten used to it. Until one day Peter came home after his daily patrol, swinging through the window of the common room. Everyone turns their attention from the movie they were watching to the teen that now stands in front of them.

"Hey kid. How was your patrol?" Clint asks, reaching for the popcorn that Natasha refused to give him.

"It was okay."

"Anything interesting happen?" Pepper asks.

"I did a backflip off the empire state building." Peter replies casually, shrugging his shoulders. However the response he got was anything but casual.

"YOU DID WHAT?!"

"ARE YOU INSANE!?"

"YOU COULD'VE BEEN KILLED!!"

Pepper waits on everyone to calm down a little before turning to the arachnid.

"Peter what on earth made you think that that was a good idea?" She asks, using her mom voice. Peter just extends his hands, striking Tony Stark's signature pose. His reply?

"SCIENCE!!"

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Once again, I'm really sorry for the wait. And I'm sorry there isn't more to this chapter. I'm hoping to update more soon. I really hope you all can forgive me...

I larb you all 3000,

Nat